wen i turn the ignition off the car doesnt follow suit

any 1 got n e ideas?

Jon_nova1
11-11-03, 05:48 PM
take your foot from the accelerator :lol:

your ignition might be short circuiting if it is your battery will go flat

Byron69
11-11-03, 05:56 PM
nah aint that, i can take the keys out of the car and lock it, i can also remove the ignition switch and disconnect the battery earth, the ignition system and coil are both in good working order

Jon_nova1
11-11-03, 06:03 PM
sounds like a herby to me must be handy when you go to the shop, how do you turn it off, have you got the hazard switch on the right way round, or try taking the connector of the ignition barrel when it's running and see if it stop's but make sure you don't get a shock

Byron69
11-11-03, 06:08 PM
i have to stall it, it's definately not the ignition switch, with the connection off theres no change and wen i disconnect the battery earth the car runs better!

Jules
11-11-03, 09:30 PM
Checked your ignition timing lately?

Nath
11-11-03, 09:38 PM
its pre-ignition. a very bad case of it if its playing up that badly!
my 1.2 is doing that at the minute but only when i turn off the engine it stutters for a few seconds then cuts out. its all about the timing on the car.

if i was u i would take it to a garage to get it looked at m8.

CP
11-11-03, 10:24 PM
Its commonly known as "running on". In older engines it can be caused by excessive coking in the combustion chamber

Dicko
11-11-03, 11:42 PM
running on, my car does that :D

running on fumes after some full throttle action :D

fuel guage goes '/' '\' '__' :roll:

and ye i agree with cp, seems a bit excessive for pinking

Nova_Rz
13-11-03, 10:54 AM
i have to stall it, it's definately not the ignition switch, with the connection off theres no change and wen i disconnect the battery earth the car runs better!

wired in a new stereo lately ??? ... stupid as it might sound, mine got wired in "professionaly" and did that

Dicko
13-11-03, 11:56 AM
wonder if they shorted the switched live to your coil :roll:

Ben
13-11-03, 12:01 PM
Sounds like the...

Dicko's DIY wiring service

Have been busy again :lol: