PDA

View Full Version : car wont start just clicks

shanehandley
11-11-03, 02:23 PM
right sometimes my car dont start just clicks when you turn the key then a bit laterwill or you have to jump start it!

ive had a new bigger battery on it,but still does it. Because of the rain i have had the lights, heaters on and also running a 800w sub could it be draining it or is it something else?s

any advice would be a great help

shane

Dicko
11-11-03, 03:27 PM
sounds like the relay unit on the starter is going. well this is usualy the problem!!

however I have had this problem recently and it turned ou to be a bad connection on the thin switch wire, however i still cant figure this out as to why it would still make it click :-/

Austin_Nova16
11-11-03, 05:07 PM
yeah....sounds like it could be the solenid on the starter motor. Try a new unit.

Aragorn
11-11-03, 09:31 PM
mine did this on and off for a few weeks then died alltogether

turned out the gearbox earth strap was buggered (even tho it looked fine) - metal was all fatigued and almost waferthin at one end :/

Nath
11-11-03, 09:41 PM
yup my nova 1.2 is also doing this. takes me a few atemps to start it sometimes. i know on mine that its the starter motor giving up. check that.

shanehandley
11-11-03, 11:13 PM
ive got it checked out and they said its the alternater, cus its running biggish ice there putting a 1.6 one on!

Aragorn
11-11-03, 11:22 PM
sounds like a load of crap to me?!

if the alt aint charging the battery then fine it will go dead and u wont be able to start it

but its not then gonna charge all by itself and enable the car to start after a period of time without the engine running :roll:

shanehandley
12-11-03, 10:35 AM
ive had a word with him and hes gonne check the startermotor and solind

Jules
12-11-03, 08:51 PM
sounds like a load of crap to me?!

if the alt aint charging the battery then fine it will go dead and u wont be able to start it

but its not then gonna charge all by itself and enable the car to start after a period of time without the engine running :roll:

Agree ^^^

:roll:

chenco
12-11-03, 10:41 PM
agree with Aragorn. A bad anternator wouldn't stop it starting. It will even start without an altenator but I don't advise this.