PDA

View Full Version : coilovers/traction

Dicko
11-11-03, 11:30 AM
fitted coilovers yesterday and iv noticed i get lots more wheelspin especially on corners.
in a straight line its not too bad, but the slightest corner you cant put the power down at all or it just spins the inside wheel (less weight on that side). in a straight line it feels like the wheel is bouncing and loosing traction where ti didnt before.

gonna take the roll bar off and see how it goes. as even doing 50 on a roundabout iv getting bugger all roll just loss of traction :twisted:

NovaNeil
11-11-03, 11:54 AM
Sounds like someone needs a Quaife ATB Diff! :twisted:
Or you could just put a less powerful engine in.......that would help the problem...... :wink:

Aragorn
11-11-03, 12:36 PM
this is the problem with using hard suspension and keeping the arb

when u go inot a corner the arb basically pulls the opposite wheel off the road and u loose traction

lose the arb and see how it is

BigRuss
11-11-03, 01:49 PM
Yeah probably be better without the ARB.
I'm running bilstein coilovers on the front with 270/120 inserts (Tarmac rates) and works progressive front springs rated at 210lbs. I am not using an ARB and the grip is unbelievable. :o

OH, whatever You do don't buy a Quaife ATB diff, they are absolute shite. :!:

Dicko
11-11-03, 03:34 PM
depends how u use it, and if u let off the throttle on a bend :P eh neil ;)

NovaNeil
12-11-03, 12:38 PM
er.......er.........errrrr............ :oops:

Erm yeah........i'll back out of this topic now..... :cry:

I was just getting over as well dicko! Now you've gone and brought it all back up. ha ha

Diff is Awesome now im getting used to it! Even if the front tyres are 165 wide on standard 14" Steels!

m.d.
12-11-03, 06:06 PM
i want a lim slip :twisted:

Dicko
12-11-03, 08:09 PM
grr i want 1 next :@

lol