PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v head also buckets in the back

iceman_674
10-11-03, 09:44 PM
i have a 1.6 8v out of an astra in my nova, just wonded what head i could put on, i put a 1.3 head on my last 1.4sr and the performance was much better, just want to know what options for the 1.6 are what about a 1.8 cam as well?

also thinking about putting bucket seats in the back but how will i do this and how much work is involved??

benji
10-11-03, 10:35 PM
do a search on e-bay for a courtany head, last i saw it was going for ?50

MC
11-11-03, 11:42 AM
1.6 head is the only one to use, anything else is a backward step. Have larger valves fitted and get it ported.

1.8 cam will not fit, it is a longer shaft. Only option is to buy a performance one.

MC

Jim
11-11-03, 07:32 PM
also thinking about putting bucket seats in the back but how will i do this and how much work is involved??

I don't think this is possible as the rear seats on the Nova were on a raised part of the chassis. Might be able to cut that section out and weld in flat piece, but it's a lot of work for a mod that may not look that good.

Personnaly I'd get the rear stripped out and stick with a couple of buckets in the front.

Jim

Aragorn
11-11-03, 09:35 PM
it could be possible - biggest think would be the height as slim said but if u think about it the front subframes raise the seats a good bit off the floor as it is

best way would be if uve got some buckets in the front - remove the subframes and put em in the back and see how they fit

Dicko
11-11-03, 11:53 PM
i have considered this myself. They will fit in but touch the roof (with no sub frame). there also much heavier than the normal rear seats which is why i ditched the idea!