PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Wiring info Needed

geordie_racer
10-11-03, 08:06 PM
hi could any of you guys with an astra gsi multi function display look at the plugs on the back and tell me what the wire colors are and there pin numbers or even scan the page from the haynes for me. also could you list what each color wire does please

cheers
chris

lightweight racer
12-11-03, 09:57 AM
Asked the same question a while ago mate- all i got wired in me nova is:
RED - permanent +12v
Black - ignition/switched +12v
BROWN - earth 0v

Blue (&Blue w/ white) - temp sensor probe

Brown w/ Gray \
Brown w/ Black > extra plug on radio DIN plug (original radio that is)
Brown w/ Red /

Blue w/ Red and Grey w/ Black - unknown!!

Hope this helps, a bit atleast.
LeRoy

BTW where is ur MFD going?

geordie_racer
12-11-03, 04:14 PM
some1 emailed me the full wiring diagram but thankyou anyway. when i get round to fitting the mid its going into a corsa dash which is in my nova so will fit in the position at the top where the old corsa mid went. im actually after the wiring info at the minute as im writing a program to allow me to display what i want the mid to instead of the crappy standard stuff

chris

m.d.
12-11-03, 06:09 PM
are you on about the display from the astra GSI. the one that tells you the economy and things like that.

if so i want one too. :D

where can you get them fron and will they fit in a nova using a 2.0 8v.

geordie_racer
12-11-03, 09:38 PM
im talking about this,

http://www.eelkevisser.nl/dotmatrix10/IMG_0013.JPG

yes it displays fuel info and stuff, there found in astra gsi's and some astra sports, yes you could fit one to a nova but you'd need all the astra sensors and stuff so it'd be alot of work and then ud have to find a place for it in the nova dash. i dont care about the sensors as im using the display for something else that im programming for it

chris