PDA

View Full Version : GSI alloy lockin key!! ahhhhhhhh!

TUBZGSXR
10-11-03, 05:23 PM
ive lost my lockin key an need to replace the forn tyres, were can i get another one? or is there a way of just getin it off anyways? i phoned vauxhall in cambridge they wernt that helpfull :x they jsut said u have to have a code on a bit of paper but havent got that?!!
any ideas??
thanx
:)

fearless
10-11-03, 06:19 PM
What type of locking bolt is it?
The one with the 3 offset pins?

TUBZGSXR
10-11-03, 06:33 PM
yea it is one of them.

epo
10-11-03, 07:11 PM
can u not hammer a 19mm socket over the lockin wheel bolts :?:

or there was a way ive seen usin long nose mole grips clampin them on 2 the wheel nut

TUBZGSXR
10-11-03, 07:50 PM
i coudl try that, but i would prefer to get one form sumwere, rather than try an f..k about with it.....

Ben
10-11-03, 11:50 PM
If they are the 3 pin style then your pretty buggered if you want another key as there are hundreds of variations.

I have several keys as i keep them off all the cars ive broken, the only real way to get them off are to drill down below the head so it falls off.

You can try a gator grip wic may work if they are only loosely tightened.

Or just get a very hard/sharp chisel and hammer that into the centre and turn that to loosen them.

fearless
11-11-03, 12:27 AM
Various ways of removing that type of locking bolt

If u can get a locking wheel nut of the same type (3 pin) - although the pin configuration doesn't have to be the same

Drill the holes on your locking wheel bolt slightly bigger so the locking wheel nut now fits - shock it with a large hammer and 'simply' unscrew the bolt

If this method doesn't work - Undo the other 3 bolts and leave them finger tight - Drive your car up and down the road wheel spinning and locking your brakes up - (not so much as the other 3 bolts fall out and your wheel falls off !!!!) - this shocking action will loosen the locking wheel bolt - and again 'simply' unscrew the bolt

TUBZGSXR
11-11-03, 09:36 AM
oi guys, thanx, il have a go...
:)

dave.gsi
11-11-03, 12:45 PM
i had the exact same problem the other week. the old owner didnt supply the locking key for the wheels which i only found out when it came to fitting my alloys.(thank god i didnt find out when i got a flat tyre)

basically i had a key code for a 3 pin key from a few years back when i bought some new. i rang the company and ordered a replacement key hoping it would fit. it didnt (obviously lol) but it was quite a close match. it was then simply a case of drilling the three holes on the bolt slightly bigger and bashing the new key on with a hammer. then it could be undone and the same done on the other side