a2lt16v
10-11-03, 04:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441694803&category=9858

Mark
10-11-03, 05:01 PM
?1750 for a car without an MOT :o

PAG
10-11-03, 05:03 PM
go and have a look can never tell just on pictures.

Stanton
10-11-03, 05:07 PM
car does look smart but the pics are all from a mag, it could be a shed by now, left out, undriven and rusted since that photoshoot.

go have a ganders at it, might be a bargain but if its a bloke ba wary of all the kisses left in the ad, lol :? [/quote]

Will
10-11-03, 05:22 PM
:o engine lookas weird the way its sat in the bay, its like its to one side??

the pics are 18 months old, who knows wots happened since then.......

wonder y it needs a new windscreen and y he didnt sort this :? gota wonder why hes hasnt:

1. windscreen (?90)

2. head gasket (?100 and a few mates help)

3. sorted the "little things" for its MOT

4. then sold or tried to sell it for i dont know 2.5k or sumthing? oh well

will

?Marty?
10-11-03, 05:28 PM
He can afford to spend ?18k on a Nova, but has to sell it for fuck all, just because a baby is being born!?

Dodgy as fuck, i'd stay away from it.

Ben
10-11-03, 05:43 PM
Didnt like the look of it in the magazine when featured.

Its from yeovil in Somerset.

HEVY-nova
10-11-03, 07:17 PM
mate, it looks like a steal to me, may need some minor work, but wots a few hundred quid when there are receipts for 18k? for the price you could get a decent standard gsi with a hundred horses or have this 250bhp fully modded feature car.....i know where my money would go!

Dare-devil
10-11-03, 09:30 PM
It looks mint one those pics.. 8)

peester
10-11-03, 11:44 PM
it is cheap though. even if its tatty, strip it; start again. or whatever. probably too illegal for mot. if you can be arsed go see it. though you can see why all mags tell you you shouldn't buy a modded motor. whats it hiding?

Ben
10-11-03, 11:56 PM
From what i can remember its just a Turbo bolted onto a standardish 2.0 8v, the compression wasnt lowered nor was anything uprated. So god knows what damage has been done.

A lot of people spend an awful lot of money on there cars and he may well of spent over ?18k on it but that certainly isnt all on making it into the car it is now.

linzTDI
11-11-03, 09:39 AM
thems not decent pics of it.
Its been modded by himself as you can see the front bumper is jsut standard where he has added a splitter and cut some holes out i dont like it to be honest and for that price its a rip off

Nova-Flair
11-11-03, 10:24 AM
something definately aint right there. mebbies worth a look but u have to ask why the head gasket has went?? maybe been raked to within an inch of its life.

like i say worth a look but if you were buying i would get the price down for it having no MOT

dave.gsi
11-11-03, 12:16 PM
i wouldnt buy any car with no mot unless it was really cheap, which this one isnt. it looks crap and its probably rusty as shit hence the reason its for sale

Jules
11-11-03, 01:01 PM
Someone at work might be selling an Astra GTE 16v Champion edition, Full Connoly leather, Twin headlight, 17", lowered, full pro fitted tints, oh and the small matter of SBD throttle bodies and engine managment. Rear arches are a little rusty and it does tend to blow a bit of smoke (top end rebuild needed), and the price I've heard rumours of are ?2000 (!!!)
I'm very very tempted if that price is correct (Ben - get your hands off, this one is gonna be mine!!) :o

My point is that there are better cars out there than that tatty Nova with no MoT.

:twisted:

dan_mk1
11-11-03, 01:42 PM
i wouldnt touch it with yours! :lol:

no seriously, i wouldnt even consider buying a heavily mod'd car for the plain fact that you dont know whether its been bodged or not

Ben
11-11-03, 07:05 PM
(Ben - get your hands off, this one is gonna be mine!!) :o

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I dont have any money anyway, im a pauper :?