PDA

View Full Version : flamer kit

david g
09-11-03, 08:06 PM
does have anyone have a flamer kit on a 1.2i? if you have how well does it work or is it a waste of time fitting one?

Jim
09-11-03, 10:13 PM
Flamer kits...we don't do flamer kits on this site, Gerrofff mooiii land!!!

Seriously, don't get one....please...in fact, I'll pay you NOT to get one :lol:

Jim

Neil.
10-11-03, 01:32 AM
hey, if u get the flamer kit, u might aswell get the neon washer jets, neon under ground kit and Max Power stickers!

Fester
10-11-03, 02:57 AM
a 'flamer' kit will have the same result whether the package is bolted to a skyline or a 1.0 nova, and herein lies the problem

Philsutton
10-11-03, 05:01 PM
i get flames out of mine but i havent got a kit on it, after hitting the limiter an gear change it pops one or four out the back. Plus when u back off the throttle it will pop continously complete with flames as well. But these are real flames not those gay blow torch ones you get with a flamer kit.

Barn
10-11-03, 05:29 PM
oooooo :lol:

epo
10-11-03, 07:15 PM
does have anyone have a flamer kit on a 1.2i? if you have how well does it work or is it a waste of time fitting one?

if u really want\must have 1 either make it urself
or look in roybacer 4 sale section there was a lad sellin them for around 60 notes

Jon_nova1
11-11-03, 05:33 PM
get an ignition coil spark plug, ht, thick enough wire and a switch, put the ignition close enough to the exhaust (preferably on the inside of the car) attach the spark to the exhaust, usually by drillng a hole and welding a nut to it attach the ht lead from the ignition coil to the spark connect the ignition coil to the battery and put a switch in the circiut (and put the switch in the dash)

epo
11-11-03, 07:24 PM
yes but if the car has a lambarda sensor on it rhen i thoght u cudnt get it 2 over fuel therefore ur spark plug will have nothing 2 ignite

Jules
11-11-03, 09:28 PM
I have to laugh when I see the 'Bad bwoys' with a bottle of butane gas in the boot and they're shooting flames from their 6 x 10" x 15" tailpipes on their Paxos late at night in an empty Sainsburys car park - All I can think of is - Bunsen burner on wheels!!!
:lol:

raver
11-11-03, 10:36 PM
i want flames, but real ones. don't you have to have a highly tuned engine to get flames outta the exhaust?

epo
11-11-03, 10:39 PM
i cant imagine flames comin out of a standard engine doin it any good

Ste_Nova
12-11-03, 10:07 AM
yes but if the car has a lambarda sensor on it rhen i thoght u cudnt get it 2 over fuel therefore ur spark plug will have nothing 2 ignite

on a 1.2i you need to decat it

and put a switch on the ecu temp sender

Philsutton
13-11-03, 04:28 PM
if your car has a manual choke just pull it out, put a lighter to the exhaust. you get very very big flames that u cant to go out. Did it my capri last night, it melted my bumper :(