PDA

View Full Version : rear discs?

m.d.
09-11-03, 01:02 PM
im gunna put a set of rear discs on my car as im planning a lot of track miles and dont want the drums to fail me. does anyone know if the rear hubs from an astra gte fit streaght on the nova. if not what needs to bedone to get them to fit. thanks peeps :wink:

Ste_Nova
09-11-03, 01:24 PM
i've never had a drum fail?

m.d.
09-11-03, 04:48 PM
i've never had a drum fail?

neither have i but they are shocking so i dont really want to trust them on a track. goin 130 to 30mph at the end of a streight kills breaks

beatin u
09-11-03, 06:07 PM
the astra stub axle bolt patern is different from the nova. Drill the face of the beem that the stub axle is mounted on to match the astra stub axle. :D

you can cut the spacer block of the astra axle, use it to mark up the new holes

m.d.
12-11-03, 11:40 AM
ive just read in total vauxhall that the astra GTE 16v rear beem fits right on without modification. only that a wide arch kit would be needed as the whole beam is wider. i was going to go for a wide arch kit anyway so this would save me having to buy wheel spacers for the back.

anyone know if this is true.

rgv_stu
12-11-03, 12:47 PM
they talk wank cus they dont fit

beatin u
12-11-03, 06:47 PM
the axle pivot points will be wider than the nova ones surely??

m.d.
14-11-03, 06:32 PM
that was what i was thinking but they recon they fit. may have to measure one up.

only trouble ive got now is that my locking wheelnut key has rounded off and i cant get my wheels off. :evil:

they are mcguard ones so u cant hammer a socket onto them

beatin u
14-11-03, 06:37 PM
chisel or drill

krobinson
14-11-03, 06:39 PM
PVD supply a kit of two weld on plates and a handbrake mod for ?80. Just weld on the plates and drill through. Bolt on the GTE flange etc and then fix up the handbrake..

This is what i had planned until i found a brand new axel which was already modifyed.. then i just got all the other bits and bolted in..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ken.turner1/keithnova1.JPG

Keith

beatin u
14-11-03, 06:43 PM
just buy an astra/cav axle and transfer the parts needed.

pvd kit is a rip off (surprisingly :roll: )

krobinson
14-11-03, 06:45 PM
pvd kit is a rip off (surprisingly :roll: )

Yeah i know it is.. but its a simple way of doing things.. and it was only an option.. no need to just throw it out the window like that..

Keith

m.d.
14-11-03, 06:46 PM
ive just found a converted axle on www.motorsportdirect.co.uk for 175 quid fully reconditioned.

ill be ordering that i think. that website is well good for stuff if ure a rally head like me