PDA

View Full Version : custom exhaust makers?

PAG
09-11-03, 12:52 PM
anyone know any good places! dont want any replys like powerflow.

karl Rowntree
09-11-03, 12:59 PM
Im off to JP to have mine done mate.

I put a similar post on a few weeks back, JP and Tony Law seem to be the best from the replys i got.

Phoned both and JP were very helpfull, tony law didnt really want to know unless you let them see the car first. As they are in leeds its quite a trek from birmingham!

JP quoted approx ?300 for a full system and backbox minus the exhaust manifold.

Hope this helps mate. Karl

Nova-Flair
09-11-03, 04:16 PM
where are JP based??? do u have to take the car down to them so that they can build the exhaust on yer car like u do powerflow?

adam-s
09-11-03, 06:19 PM
Whats wrong with powerflow?

Will
09-11-03, 06:29 PM
depends on the fitter, some are gay and ask u to help them :? :?

rattles on beam and other storys i heard, cant really comment never dealt with them myself

will

Jules
09-11-03, 07:32 PM
depends on the fitter, some are gay and ask u to help them :? :?

rattles on beam and other storys i heard, cant really comment never dealt with them myself

will

Mine rattles like a rattley thing and I hate it with a passion, I'll tell anyone that'll listen not to get one and to get a Mongoose instead, but that's just me!!

Tazzy
09-11-03, 08:46 PM
make it yourself, ill be making mine, well, my bro will, buy some piping for a few quid, my bro has a welder, and bombs away!

just get a decent manifold and decent back box!

i was thinking of not having a back box, but instead, have a box in the middle!

whatever works!

PAG
09-11-03, 09:36 PM
karlt that price for stainless steel? :cry:

a2lt16v
10-11-03, 05:04 PM
stealth systems in southapmton are good they are close to regal and use only titainium and stainless and they sound well nice can make mini sound like ferrari almost

a2lt16v
10-11-03, 05:05 PM
they can also be found in southampton :oops:

Jules
10-11-03, 06:20 PM
stealth systems in southapmton are good they are close to regal and use only titainium and stainless and they sound well nice can make mini sound like ferrari almost

they can also be found in southampton

Yeah that's what you said at the very beginning of your first post!!

Oh and yes, JP exhausts are stainless.

Breeny
10-11-03, 06:31 PM
Powerblow in St Albans are shite.

Mine was vibrating on the tranmission tunnel... they bodged it together to make it stop. There welding is utter crap aswell, massive lumps of blobs everywhere.

Nova-Flair
11-11-03, 12:20 PM
powerflow in newcastle are alright i had a cat back system on my nova and i couldnt fault it.

Jules
11-11-03, 12:56 PM
Powerblow in St Albans are s**t.

Mine was vibrating on the tranmission tunnel... they bodged it together to make it stop. There welding is utter crap aswell, massive lumps of blobs everywhere.

How strange, that's where I had mine made and it's perfect, doesn't rattle, the welds are spot on and......and.....and....I'm lying my arse off!! It was bodged - sorry - 'made' at Top Gear in St Albans aswell.
As the front and rear bumpers are off my GSi at the moment whilst they're being sprayed I'm kinda hoping some pikey see the 'shinneyy exhaust' poking out from under the car and actaully steals it so I can claim on my insurance for a Mongoose one!!
So if anyone fancys a Powerflow system, there's one outside my house..............
:twisted:

Nova-Flair
11-11-03, 02:44 PM
reackon u could bodge it to fit a corsa??? :twisted:

Jules
11-11-03, 02:53 PM
No, but I reckon YOU could.............

:wink:

Nova-Flair
11-11-03, 03:13 PM
..........i'll get me hacksaw! :twisted:

Jules
11-11-03, 05:22 PM
You'll be needing my address first, unless you plan on chopping off any old Novas exhaust!!!
:lol: