PDA

View Full Version : fao. Peester

karl Rowntree
09-11-03, 11:08 AM
Hi mate

You dont know me, but last night i was driving up tp stoke in my mates new car (David Franzacs old mk1 astra turbo) and i saw a car at cannock mc donalds that looked like the one in your signiture, a green ?????? old skhool car

Was it you mate? If it was sorry we didnt say hi. We were mid speed test!

You from around cannock then mate?

Karl

Stuart
09-11-03, 12:01 PM
this is what PM's are for!

karl Rowntree
09-11-03, 12:08 PM
Well sorry!!! :o

Didnt quite have my brain in gear this morning. appoligies admin for this mistake.

Mark
09-11-03, 12:08 PM
What the hell is the Prime Minister going to do?

:lol:

Adam Moran
09-11-03, 12:39 PM
Karl hes from Stafford.

Ive spoken to him a few times and hes going to come to a few of the meets next year.

His car is very mint too!

Ad

karl Rowntree
09-11-03, 12:48 PM
Nice one Adam. Thought it was him because ive never seen a car like that before other than on his signiture.

What is it by the way? it did look mint.

Wish we could of stopped and said hi, looked abit quite over cannock last night.

By the way ad, anymore info on the cossie mate?

Ste_Nova
09-11-03, 01:27 PM
anyone down stoke tonight?

peester
09-11-03, 09:30 PM
Are you sure it was the perce?
ill explain in a min what the feck the perce was, but i unfortunately i had to sell my awesome sig car 2 or 3 years ago, a chap from brownhills (just outside of cannock) bought it for a measley ?250. I've never listened to my parents again. they forced me to sell it. I (obviously) knew where the next owner then lived and if passing ide trudle passed to see if the old perce was still ok. then one day in the autotrader about 6-8 months after he'de bought it, it was for sale for ?400. didn't have cash or room for car to buy it back and since then never saw or heard it again.
But would really love to see it again. -it used to attract so much attention at cruises - i got pestered by police; it was menace in the wet. 60 hp 1256cc Vauxhall Viva HC SL. 1975 KBH232N reg plate. lime green; was sprayed for persil (washing powder) tv advert (guy at bus stop repairing car getting greasy, oilly etc persil washed it all off next day, blah blah.) got the name 'percy the persil car' within old-timer vauxhall enthusiasts. so we 'youthed' it to perce. was at billing 98,99 i loved it.
was my first car it was the bomb. decked it -60mm PMC custom springs on the 90 year old oil soaked dampers, non-existant bushes. look well hard. PIMP style black vinal interior. cherry bomb exhaust. people used to think it could go like stink; 'wot engine you runnin' mate!!!' errr, standard mate. im only 18.
miss it so much. so karl you saw it in cannock? have to check it out. some youth is probably battering it for all its worth... poor perce.

krobinson
09-11-03, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a car with loads of History mate.. I'd love to own something like that..

I'm actually on the lookout for an opel ascona.. stunning cars :D

Keith

peester
09-11-03, 09:48 PM
Sounds like a car with loads of History mate.. I'd love to own something like that..

I'm actually on the lookout for an opel ascona.. stunning cars :D

Keith

true. only car ive ever got attached to. so far.
ascona's are my fav. old skool;did you see that phhhhhhhhaatt white one at billing this year?

krobinson
09-11-03, 10:36 PM
If it had white wheels, really low, manta 400 mirrors, then its a bloke from here in Northern Ireland. Think he lives about 30 miles from me, but i've never met him...

Amazing car, i'd say its one of the best modifyed cars in NI!

I'd post a pic but the album is down..

Keith

peester
10-11-03, 01:41 PM
yeah thats the one. truely awesome. wanted to speak to him but never got the chance. always miss the old skool owners at shows - in 2002 wanted to speak to owner of orange c20xe'de opel kadett C coupe. never did. since about 1999 wanted to speak (and more) to donna clarkson but never got the chance. keep tryin'.

Jules
10-11-03, 01:48 PM
If it had white wheels, really low, manta 400 mirrors, then its a bloke from here in Northern Ireland. Think he lives about 30 miles from me, but i've never met him...

Amazing car, i'd say its one of the best modifyed cars in NI!

I'd post a pic but the album is down..

Keith

Send me the pic and I'll host it if you want until the albums are back up.

Jules
10-11-03, 06:06 PM
Here it is:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/ascona.JPG

peester
10-11-03, 06:50 PM
thats the sitter; would you look at that. meaner than a very mean man doing a very mean thing. or summat. quality. some more like that plz.

Stanton
10-11-03, 06:57 PM
WOW :o reminds me of the fotoshop i did the other day

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/gary_white/other%20novas/299b26be.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8)

Adam Moran
10-11-03, 07:11 PM
That pic looks awsome!

Makes me wanna get a white 1.0l, flare the arches and drop it on some euro wheels! Then put a let in it :lol:

Note to self: Finnish the lastest project first! :roll:

Really do like the "old school" vauxs.