PDA

View Full Version : Any one done power steering on a nova?

TWAG
08-11-03, 06:28 PM
Im going to make an attempt on fitting power steering when i fit my valver, just wondering who else has done this so i can get some info.

Cheers

Paul
08-11-03, 06:40 PM
u need to have a saxo power steering belt i think ive heard. or a new punto one. cant memba tho, so dont jus assume im rite...

Breeny
08-11-03, 06:53 PM
Guide on Novarally.co.uk

TWAG
08-11-03, 07:57 PM
Cheers :D

peester
08-11-03, 08:28 PM
buy the eurosport nova rally bible; its in there; part numbers and all.....

Jim
08-11-03, 09:42 PM
I've been driving my girlfriends Clio whilst my Novas getting a rebuild. The Clio has power steering and is really easy to drive (turning circle is rubbish though). I drove my Mums Punto last weekend and couldn't believe how heavy the steering was in comparison to the Clio, and thats in a car with thin tyres and standard susspension. Good knows what my Nova's going to feel like with wide wheels and stiffened susspension, lol.

Jim

Stuart
08-11-03, 09:49 PM
BigRuss has done a cunning power steering mod

A quick rack (for rally pruposes) and a corsa power steering column, ie its got a motor assister on it.

very cunning and i shall be considering it (provided the assister isnt too heavy)

PAG
08-11-03, 11:23 PM
dont the saxos have electric pumps?

Slatter
09-11-03, 01:48 PM
yep and 106's

Ive got one, with all pipes and leads!!
Anyone wanna buy it ?????

TWAG
09-11-03, 05:32 PM
Guide on Novarally.co.uk

I had a look but could not find it, any ideas where abouts i can find it?

Ste_Nova
09-11-03, 05:39 PM
BigRuss has done a cunning power steering mod

A quick rack (for rally pruposes) and a corsa power steering column, ie its got a motor assister on it.

very cunning and i shall be considering it (provided the assister isnt too heavy)

i looked at this... if you abuse it.. eg rally use you can go faster than the rack... and if it fucks up i hope you are strong cause it does full lock left!!

beatin u
09-11-03, 09:37 PM
what kind of homo needs power steering anyway :roll:

TWAG
09-11-03, 11:31 PM

Cant remember asking any one who needed power steering!

This is one of those moments when you just have to say 'If you got nothing interesting to say keep ya mouth shut' :roll:

Mark
10-11-03, 06:49 AM
:lol:

fearless
10-11-03, 06:22 PM

Try driving a powerful car with a LSD fitted - and you'll soon c why !!!

beatin u
10-11-03, 06:42 PM
fearless Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beatin u wrote:
what kind of homo needs power steering anyway

Try driving a powerful car with a LSD fitted - and you'll soon c why !!!

yes mine and not really :lol:

Stanton
10-11-03, 06:49 PM
calm down, we all got different opinions on our cars, must say power steering sounds like a gud idea. TWAG ure not gunna rally ure car r u? so the eleccy option shud b ok for town use and the odd bit of punishment.

has anyone driven and lived with a power steering nova? is it worth it, is there really much of a difference? sounds like a cool modernisation.

dave.gsi
11-11-03, 02:23 PM
http://www.vauxnova.co.uk/novapas.htm