PDA

View Full Version : Who has the fatsest 1/4 mile nova on here???

Kev Turbo
08-11-03, 04:29 PM
come on then who owns it,

im going to start building mine soon so i just want to see what the competition is like???

the regal/EDS one doesnt count by the way!lol(when it makes it to the end)

add your times to this website so we can get the database bigger,

http://www.classicrsfords.co.uk/quartermile.htm

Breeny
08-11-03, 04:35 PM
ATC 12.something

Dan
08-11-03, 04:53 PM
time sent 8)

dan16v
08-11-03, 11:01 PM
wouldnt go shouting off before you have started to build it :lol: once you get over all the cost and mount relocating etc then do it, ive hated doing myne rahther of payed some one to do it as im lazy :lol: what sort of bhp are you thinking of?
dan

Kev Turbo
09-11-03, 11:00 AM
the conversions on these cars are quite easy, most people are capable and could do it,

the only real probs are intercooler location and gears,

have a phase 3.5 c20let ready to go in just wondered who else has high spec turbos there must be a few surly,

not throwing down a challenge just want to see what people have got and get some ideas off them

Rick Draper
09-11-03, 11:28 AM
the conversions on these cars are a piece of p**s mate anyone with half a brain could do it,

the only real probs are intercooler location and gears,

have a phase 3.5 c20let ready to go in just wondered who else has high spec turbos there must be a few surly

Sorry but that aint going to be the fastest nova on here. Rick

Kev Turbo
09-11-03, 11:57 AM
i havent said anything about it being fastest or anything like that if you read my post i simply am curious of what times have been knocked out buy novas on here that all,

no need for all of the back chat,

what sort of spec does apt's have?

dan16v
09-11-03, 01:33 PM
atc is/ was a 2ltr 8v! had full autronic managment etc but that time was with out an lsd!

and yes im sure the let into a nova would be easy when some one else rebuilds the engine for you so you so you only have to hoist it tinto position!

im on phase 3.5 aswell, look at the turbo section of the gallery to get an idea of peps specs etc
dan

Kev Turbo
09-11-03, 02:20 PM
ive had a look what im after is the times to go with the specs just to see what to aim at

Jim
09-11-03, 02:28 PM
Quickest 2.0 16v Turbo that I've seen is Luggys (LUG 16V). I think he ran 13.2 at Santa Pod at PV03.

Breenys 2.0 Turbo which is on the Features page ran 13.6 at Santa Pod earlier on in the year.

If you're going for big power (350bhp) that doesnt necessarily mean you're going to have the quickest car.

The Nova is a small light hatchback. It's going to be difficult getting traction when putting 350bhp through the front wheels of a Nova.

Jim

Rick Draper
09-11-03, 02:40 PM
Rob smiths spider will have phase 4 when he finishes building it, also there might be a 2ltr let running autronic with a garrett turbocoming off this site soon all going to plan :twisted: . Rick

Kev Turbo
09-11-03, 02:42 PM
thanks slim jim,

any idea of the spec on lugs,

i seen it at pv2003 was very quick,

only reason im going for nova is that they are cheap and i love them and easyest to get the lump in and also the lightest,!shame they aint RWD would be a realy good drag car then

Kev Turbo
09-11-03, 02:45 PM
would ove phase 4 or autotronic then you are talking serious power but aint got that sort of funds to chuck at a car,

would love to see what sort of time a phase 4 one car do never seen one going before,

getting a database of everyones times would solve all of the argueing and everyone can see what peoples cars on here can do,

what do people think of a database??? i wouldnt mind knocking one up

Ben
09-11-03, 02:58 PM
The EDS single engine phase 5 turbo put a 1/4 mile down at 12.2 in Eurpoe.

Kev Turbo
09-11-03, 03:38 PM
i seen it at trax is a left hand drive one stripped out havent seen it in action on the track though looks a nice bit of kit

CP
09-11-03, 04:57 PM
Its a bit scarey on track apparently - if you think about it - 2 engines 2 lots of boost 2 different grip levels. Its gonna take a bit of sorting for the track and i would doubt that it will perform all that well considering its power etc. I think its forte is straight line acceleration.

Ben
09-11-03, 11:26 PM
CP the Single engine EDS car owned by a young student is only single engine, is a Purple coloured MK2 with Omega running gear.

peester
09-11-03, 11:31 PM
CP the Single engine EDS car owned by a young student is only single engine, is a Purple coloured MK2 with Omega running gear.

tax dodgers.

NovaNeil
10-11-03, 12:27 PM
There was a red GTE with 17" black rims at USC this year, it was stripped out had side exhausts, Nos Intercooler spray and was running sub 13secs! It had an LET Engine with somewhere over 300bhp. I saw him run 13 dead, but I was told it went quicker. Thats got to be one of the quicker LET Novas out there.........

It was car of the cruise in Max Power a few months ago at the Ace Cafe if you want to see a pic of it.

Chris S
14-11-03, 05:24 PM
i seen it at trax is a left hand drive one stripped out havent seen it in action on the track though looks a nice bit of kit

Kev, take a look at this. i think this is the 1
http://www.jarru.com/slystuff/firges/firges_videos.htm

Jules
15-11-03, 07:46 AM

Kev, take a look at this. i think this is the 1
http://www.jarru.com/slystuff/firges/firges_videos.htm

No that's not it, the one Ben is talking about is a silk violet one and goes by the name 'dare-devil' go to http://www.corsa-a.de and there are vids in the downloads/video aus2002 section and another in the downloads/video

Oh and it would seem that it beats a 'Rarri up the strip........
:?

elgan
16-11-03, 01:03 PM
:roll:

i think, from what ive heard, atc is gonna be the one to watch again next year :o

pritty confident they will take boost beast down

Jim
16-11-03, 01:06 PM
pritty confident they will take boost beast down

:o Thats going to mean shaving over a second of their current 1/4 mile time. Their expecting this from a front wheel drive, single engined Nova?

Look forward to seeing it in action.

Jim

elgan
16-11-03, 01:13 PM
if a twin engined "3.5" phase let nova can only run 12.2 (not done at a respectable uk drag establishment), and a single engined 8v nova can do high 12's without lsd, i dont think it will take much more to get the nova on par, or even quicker.

if eds are so confident of their boost beast and their other cars, why didnt they nip over to the pod from billing vboa to show their stuff (as atc did with their nova) this summer?

i remain very sceptical about this boost beast

Jim
16-11-03, 01:26 PM
The boost beast claims to have run an 11.14 1/4mile time.

Diff or no diff, a front wheel drive Nova isn't going to grip aswell as an AWD Nova :s

Jim

Rick Draper
16-11-03, 02:28 PM
Jim the thing is Autronic management is far superior to the phase chips EDS sell so i recon that ATC can crack a sub12 second quarted this coming year. They are fitting a LET apparently which shud yield more performance. Autronic management alows launch and traction control as well as antilag which make the ATC package far superior to EDS stuff. Rick

peester
16-11-03, 05:58 PM
Jim the thing is Autronic management is far superior to the phase chips EDS sell so i recon that ATC can crack a sub12 second quarted this coming year. They are fitting a LET apparently which shud yield more performance. Autronic management alows launch and traction control as well as antilag which make the ATC package far superior to EDS stuff. Rick

hows autronic better than eds? don't explain too technically i won't be able to understand. :)

Ben
16-11-03, 11:49 PM
if eds are so confident of their boost beast and their other cars, why didnt they nip over to the pod from billing vboa to show their stuff (as atc did with their nova) this summer?

It broke down on the way.

Im not sticking up for the EDS cars but just because there times arent recorded on an english strip dosent prove there dodgy, car perfomance is taken as seriously in Germany as it is over here and there strips are just as accurate.

The ATC Nova didnt do his quickest time at a huge public show and was virtually behind closed doors.

elgan
17-11-03, 10:06 AM
broke down on the way :roll:

wasnt it in billing on the sunday atc was running?

i think they did their best times at rwyb, cant be sure tho

CP
17-11-03, 10:38 AM
Wait til I get the intercooler sorted in the De Lorean. On my first run last year I beat the timing gear. Unfortunately I had chipped the flux capacitor to run slightly too advanced so when the boost came in I had to abort 1 nanosecond after starting. Still, 0 sec quarter mile is a pretty creditable attempt I feel. With my next run I'm aiming to finish before I started my first run and thus a get a minus figure.

Keep an eye out for me at VX2003 - if you feel a slight back eddy in the wind or see an erroneous reading in the timing gear it'll be my run :wink: :lol:

Ben
17-11-03, 01:26 PM
wasnt it in billing on the sunday atc was running?

Yes they were at the show and then broke down on the way to santa pod as they were going there in the afternoon.

Jim
17-11-03, 02:00 PM
We'll just listen out for the missed gear change Charles ;) :P

Jim

miles
18-11-03, 06:48 PM
The 2.0 8v turbo has n2o and slicks.

I think I can lay claim to the fastest recorded 1/4 time from a 1.6 nova :D

Jim
18-11-03, 07:49 PM
I think I can lay claim to the fastest recorded 1/4 time from a 1.6 nova :D

Fastest 1.6 16v N/A Nova, yes :)

Jim

NovaNeil
18-11-03, 08:39 PM
miles wrote:

[/quote] think I can lay claim to the fastest recorded 1/4 time from a 1.6 nova

Not for long............... :twisted:

miles
19-11-03, 08:56 AM
haha! Turbo's are cheating 8)

Im suprised with my status seeings as many have much better specs than me..... :D

I think my 1/4 mile time suggests my car is quicker than it is, as you need to scream it to get it to go like that, which on the road, when in gear isn't that easy...

nova---chris
19-11-03, 01:07 PM
sure my 1/4mile time is gonna improve now!
looking for that n/a time of 13.7 i think now! :)
roll ont he new year! nice cool weather early in the year. and we will see!

near gearbox made hell of a difference! and a few other little trick bits!!
:)

:twisted:

miles
19-11-03, 02:13 PM
You should get that time mate, if I can do 14.0 with my spec, you should be getting 13.7 ok, Im chasing 13.8 now :D

What box have you got?

Ben
19-11-03, 02:42 PM
Miles:

Isnt your best other time only 14.8?

miles
19-11-03, 03:55 PM
My best time before the day I did the 14.0 was 14.8.

The last time I went, and did the 14.065, I also did a 14.068, 14.1??, 14.4?? with missed gear change......

nova---chris
19-11-03, 04:30 PM
what spec is this car? where did u run these times then m8?
i have a f16 sccr box now. few other bits been changed also.
should be fun

Rick Draper
19-11-03, 05:03 PM
I am aiming for a sub 13 this year if it all comes together over the off season :twisted: :twisted: Rick

elgan
19-11-03, 07:26 PM
mine will be a 10 second nova next year

0-60 10secs maybe, lol

miles
19-11-03, 11:58 PM
what spec is this car? where did u run these times then m8?
i have a f16 sccr box now. few other bits been changed also.
should be fun

All recorded at santa pod.

Its a 1.6 16v on tb's, makes 148bhp@wheels.

Im running the standard f15....

BigRuss
20-11-03, 12:09 AM
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:39 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

miles wrote:

think I can lay claim to the fastest recorded 1/4 time from a 1.6 nova Quote:

NovaNeil wrote:
Not for long...............

HHMMMMMMMMMMMMM, don't rule Me out guys!!!

Austin_Nova16
20-11-03, 12:34 AM
I was running in the 13.9's with just carbs on a valver.

Chris S
20-11-03, 01:51 AM
hope i can get mine running before xmas. the first meet at yoek is easter and me an mates are aiming to get our cars all finshed in time for that.
should be hoping for sub 15's seens as though i wont av drove it before then

Jim
20-11-03, 07:55 AM
hope i can get mine running before xmas. the first meet at yoek is easter and me an mates are aiming to get our cars all finshed in time for that.

What engine are you putting in the car?

Jim

Ben
20-11-03, 04:08 PM
My plans are coming along ok, dont know when will be ready, might be in for a few late nights to get it to the NL v's RB day.

peester
20-11-03, 06:38 PM
I was running in the 13.9's with just carbs on a valver.

still? wasn't it for sale at trax this year? or you took it off sale then back on? tis a beast.

Philsutton
20-11-03, 06:42 PM
My plans are coming along ok, dont know when will be ready, might be in for a few late nights to get it to the NL v's RB day.

ooh whens that then?

Chris S
20-11-03, 08:25 PM

What engine are you putting in the car?

Jim

LET engine with EDS Intercoolerand Fuel pump. engines in just need to sort a few more things before i can start it

dan16v
24-11-03, 11:17 PM
yea mine needs an actuator and down pipe made, want to get into the late 12s this year rid of that nasty eds phase kit :lol:

Chris S
25-11-03, 01:19 AM
gotta put down pipe on, few wires and water pipes and just a few odds and ends to start it. then tidy it all up and get the shell painted and rear brakes sorted, f uk nows how i'm gunna do rer brakes though. Cav V6?? any ideas?

dan16v
25-11-03, 08:01 PM
you have a let in a nova but you dont know how to do a rear disk converson?? :o
most use astra 16v rear set up ive been told not to use abs models

Chris S
26-11-03, 08:28 PM
ive got 5 stud hubs, never seen a rear 5stud hub to look at so dont no how to make it fit. i was thinking calibra turbo but there IRS so pressuming they dont fit??