PDA

View Full Version : Doorcard Warning , Asbestos ?

Hodgeheg
07-11-03, 10:54 PM
I fitted some sony 3-way 13cm speakers in my front doors the other day, but it was very cold and i couldn't get the doorcard off cos of the window winders so i ripped the hole in them on the doors.
bad news is that afterwards... in the manual i realised it sed that parts of the interior,doors e.t.c contain asbestos n now i'm really quite ill. So if ure plannin on ripping your doorcards apart, don't do it inside the car wiv no ventaltion. cos it's stupid . I ripped them apart with pliers aswell . Anyone know if the doorcards actually contain asbestos, cos it's a kind of general warnin ?

1389cc sri
09-11-03, 01:40 PM
asbestos shouldnt be the reason for your illness, it usually takes years for it to react with your body and even then small amount should be ok, but hey im not a doctor,
p.s. youv'e gotta die of something

epo
09-11-03, 04:30 PM
asbestos shouldnt be the reason for your illness, it usually takes years for it to react with your body and even then small amount should be ok, but hey im not a doctor,
p.s. youv'e gotta die of something

ur right mate it takes years 2 see if uve got asbestosis its detected as patches on the lungs

id be very surprised if door card contained asbestos myself

MC FARMER_D
28-11-03, 04:22 PM
aint the doorcards made of a thin wood? and aint asbestos like a fibreglass kinda of stuff like they used to use in roofing n stuff on old sheds...
pm me on this one cos id like to no otherwise if im wrong...cheers

peester
01-12-03, 06:37 PM
well this is all a bit wierd?? im sure its all fine. we're men. vauxhall have to write warnings even if theres 000.000.0.001% of a substance within a part. read more of the vauxhall manual and it'll tell you 'not to kangeroo start'...and that tyre road noise is 10 times louder at 50mph than at 30mph...blah blah.
otherwise if doorcards are contaminated parts then people like us would know about it; like petrol is flamable and take negative off battery etc...