PDA

View Full Version : twin 40's

raver
07-11-03, 05:01 PM
any ideas on the best place to pick them up from, or what car i could get em off. how easy are they to fit???

Philsutton
07-11-03, 05:15 PM
if your very very very lucky you might find find some at a scrap yard but i doubt it. There are normaly people selling them on here in the foresale section, its going to work out at lot cheap to get second hand ones if you can as long as they are in good condition. They are definately worth it though. :D

raver
07-11-03, 05:19 PM
any ideas how easy they are to fit??????

Philsutton
07-11-03, 05:25 PM
the alternater bracket will need modified i think thats about it, you will need inlet manifold to match the 40's, dont think their that difficult to fit. Its more like the setting up that a bitch, but take to a rolling road an they can set them up for bout 50 pound. Ive just had mine set up on my 1.4 an got about 110bhp at the flywheel.

phil

raver
07-11-03, 05:28 PM
mines gona be on a 1.4, only got a piperX, so not sure how muhc difference it will make.

Philsutton
07-11-03, 05:36 PM
they should give you a noticable difference, but i had all head work, cams ect.. on mine first an it made one hell of a difference on mine. Oh an they sound amazing.