PDA

View Full Version : head gasket HELP!

rikih
06-11-03, 06:02 PM
i need help people! oil is leeking from what looks like the head gasket but there is no sludge on the inside of the header tank! wen ya start it too it sounds like 3 cylinders for bout 30 seconds then its ok... but definatly not running right feels weird help! im pretty sure it is head gasket but was thinking i might have a crack in the cylinder head ? its a 1400 sr can any one help me?

Stuart
06-11-03, 06:40 PM
is the oil leaking from above or below the exhaust manifold??

its its leaking below its the headgasket (i had mine leak, but it was due to me overfilling the sump, and using too thin an oil lol)

its its leaking above the exhaust manifold then its likely to be the rocker cover gasket, take that off, clean the faces (carb cleaner is good), a smeer of silicone sealer and a cork (not rubber) gasket, a little more silicone and put the cover back on. this shouldnt leak again.

if its not that then its the cam carrier-head seal, and thats a head off jobbie lol

rikih
09-11-03, 07:08 PM
it looks like oil is comin from the left side of the head gasket, but wat is the cam carrier head seal? and how could that go wrong then?