PDA

View Full Version : 2lt engine mounts

a2lt16v
06-11-03, 05:32 PM
where is the best place to purchase these. i require everything ready made i dont wanna mod mine dont trust it. seen that TAS make competition ones are these a complete conversions or just stiffer rubber bits. where does everyone else get theres from i had some in a nova i bought but the cambelt end sat up to high and was hitting the bonnet. it had to tiny spacers in in but obviuously not enough this is all thats stopping me from getting it in. also the rear gear box mounts looks like its been in a fight with angle grinder man but it seemed to fit. any help please or links to sites apart from pvd as i been told theres dont fit but that was by regal

Stanton
06-11-03, 05:46 PM
regal have got some newly developed ones. full kit, jus drop the engine in.

have you got the engine yet? i have one sat here if you are interested, loom, ecu gearbox, the lot plus anything else u need from an astra GTE.

Ste_Nova
06-11-03, 06:12 PM
space the rear mount

lower the front one

brian s on from www.valvers.com can supply mounts cheap

non of the rubber only solutions will make it fit

box mount
http://www.valvers.com/20xe/vs/gearboxspacers.jpg

front mount
http://www.valvers.com/20xe/vs/offsidebracket.jpg

mikeyredtop
07-11-03, 12:40 AM
ive got these mounts, was 40 quid for the lot i think...

Mark
07-11-03, 06:39 AM
Were they any good?

crossa
07-11-03, 11:49 AM
M-tech in the Netherlands supplies a good mountigkit.

a2lt16v
07-11-03, 12:08 PM
guy at valvers never seems to reply to message any one got an updated email address i used one of website

mikeyredtop
07-11-03, 12:11 PM
ive not fitted them yet he replied to my emails, probably cos i bought em...

Ste_Nova
07-11-03, 01:49 PM
guy at valvers never seems to reply to message any one got an updated email address i used one of website

what do you need to ask him.... send money not emails

Ste_Nova
07-11-03, 01:49 PM
M-tech in the Netherlands supplies a good mountigkit.

do you work for pvd?

a2lt16v
07-11-03, 02:15 PM
i asked him how i go about buying them off him i thought he might prefer me to send him the money. i could scan the money and send it as a jpg but dont think he would like that. i need him to tell me where to send the money as if i stick it in an envelope say brian the gu who does the valvers.com web site i dont think it will get to him .do you?

geordie_racer
08-11-03, 03:45 AM
the site in question belongs to brian and he doesnt seem to get online as much anymore seems to be very busy with work but he will get back to you just a case of when he gets chance to be online. ive only heard one person have a problem with brians mounts and he just changed the design and now there fine and very straight forward to use and at ?40 a bargain

chris