PDA

View Full Version : T3

Fletcher
06-11-03, 05:29 PM
Is it possible to replace the standard kkk unit on a let nova with a T3??

Is there enough room and is there anyone who makes custom manifolds??
has anyone done this? :?:

Aragorn
06-11-03, 05:48 PM
yer i put a post up on migweb the other day

just need a custom manifold afaik

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105908

Stanton
06-11-03, 05:49 PM
why go to the trouble of a t3?

why not use a regal/eds phase kit? surely something like this would give much more reliable power than changing the turbo and manifold?

Aragorn
06-11-03, 06:09 PM
if u actually read the thread i posted the point the guys were saying was that even with the phase kits a standard kkk16 cant RELIABLY run high boost levels over a long period of time

the t3 variants can and are a good bit cheaper than kkk hybrids

Rick Draper
06-11-03, 06:50 PM
Due to the spool charactersitics of a garrett T3 the standard motronic management will not handle it properly. Idealy you need programable management. Rick

Fletcher
06-11-03, 07:15 PM
Due to the spool charactersitics of a garrett T3 the standard motronic management will not handle it properly. Idealy you need programable management. Rick

It will be running autronic management so that shouldnt be a problem, the only problem is space???

why not use a regal/eds phase kit
because i am building a proper engine with proper modifications, no lick and stick crap.

Rick Draper
06-11-03, 07:49 PM
What version of Autronic? It all depends what you want to do with regards a manifold. IE a bodge it and dodge it one or a custom one. I personally will be running a full stainless manifold with my autronic setup, this will alow me to position the turbo where i want but the manifold is likley to cost upwards of ?700 to have it made out of a top grade of stainless and have it all tigged together. Rick

Fletcher
06-11-03, 10:29 PM
check ur pm :wink:

Jon_nova1
07-11-03, 04:56 PM
just need a custom manifold afaik

look in the demon tweeks motorsport if youve got a welder or know someone that has it's got a kit to make a custom manifold