PDA

View Full Version : easyiest and best way to get zorst off...

johnnynova
06-11-03, 01:00 PM
mission, im trying to take my powermaster exhaust off my astar mk3 cos insurance guys r coming over to look at it, wen i put it on i used the paste shit to seal it, i have tried heating it up, and i have been hitting it with a hammer and have lubbed it up with wd40 but it has only moved about 2mm in 15min, is there an easier way or do i just keep heating and bashing it??????

reply quick as they r coming 2moro!!!!!! and i wont get any payout if they see it on the motor!!!!

cheers

john

Dicko
06-11-03, 01:03 PM
didnt even look at mine when they came round!! just checked mileage, VIN plates.
when u say heat it up you mean hairdryer or hardcore oxy torch :twisted:
i used a butane lamp and a 4Lb hammer on my box, came off a treat!!

Ste_Nova
06-11-03, 01:06 PM
hack saw....

johnnynova
06-11-03, 01:06 PM
im talking mini blow torch! 2inch flame, heats it up quite well,
well im gonna keep trying!!!!

cheers

Gobby
06-11-03, 04:21 PM
Just get a full standard system from the scrappy, take it off at the manifold

Mark
06-11-03, 04:23 PM
Lots of WD40!

dan_mk1
06-11-03, 04:45 PM
with difficulty! :lol:

i took a hammer to mine! funking bastad!

locky
06-11-03, 04:51 PM
Try twisting it aswell! thatll help brak the seal!
Don't use 2 much heat because the other pipe can swell! if u use lotsa heat and it wont come off, try going back 2 it when it has cooled down!

johnnynova
06-11-03, 05:04 PM
im not keeping the astar, its a shit c14nv engine with oil leak, had quite a few crashes, the front left sub frame is mashed up, theres rust around all the arches, its gonna be an insurance right off, i dont mind as the cash i get will be put towrds kitting my nova, zorst system, cams etc. so i still have the old back box, just gota get the peco one off, sell it for like ?30, and the green filter for like ?25, bit more $$$$ there, got a few of the boys coming round 2moro, gonna go medieval on this mother fucking zorst!!! gonna get it off for sure!!

cheers

john