PDA

View Full Version : Tie Bar Castor bracket (Anti Dive kit)

NovaNeil
06-11-03, 12:23 PM
Hello,
Anyone know anything about these Rose Jointed Castor brackets?
Also known as an Anti Dive kit. Who runs them? How much do they cost and where sells them? Read about them in an Old Total Vauxhall. Sounds like a good investment, for some extreme corning :P

Any details or experiences?

Cheers

Neil

Dicko
06-11-03, 01:39 PM
http://www.pro-tecmotorsport.co.uk/default.cfm?selector=newparts

deduces liftoff and diving during straightline and cornering

Stuart
06-11-03, 04:33 PM
if you have a small block engine, they are a piece of wee to fit, although they will more than likely require the holes to be eloganted in the ally blocks and bracket.

if you have a big block, its a slut of a job lol, but still straight forward enough :)

CP
06-11-03, 07:47 PM
I have them. Very good - you will need to get some longer nuts and bolts cos they are spaced lower by about 30 mm than std.

If you look at them when they are fitted you will see that instead of the tie bars angled up towards the front, they are a lot more level which is how the anti-dive bit works. They also come with spacer tubing which can be cut to length to set caster. More positive caster = razor sharp steering reponse and turn in. Tuning the suspension at the front of a Nova can make a big difference in cornering ability and is well worth doing

crossa
06-11-03, 08:15 PM
I have the problem that my gearbox of my 2l16v nova bounce to the tca.Are lower tie bar brackets a option for me than.
Grtz CrOsSa the Netherlands

Ste_Nova
07-11-03, 09:45 AM
I have them. Very good - you will need to get some longer nuts and bolts cos they are spaced lower by about 30 mm than std.

high tensile 12.8 prefered

Ste_Nova
07-11-03, 09:46 AM
I have the problem that my gearbox of my 2l16v nova bounce to the tca.Are lower tie bar brackets a option for me than.

have you cut the lob off the gear box

crossa
07-11-03, 11:45 AM

have you cut the lob off the gear box

Yes I did.And it still bounce to it.I used a M-tech mountingkit.My nova is lowered 60mm on Kw coilovers.Is there a other solutions than set the suspension higher???I like it this lowe and don't want to set it higher.
Grtz CrOsSa...

Ste_Nova
07-11-03, 01:50 PM
what engine mount rubbers do you have... sounds like the passenger side one is a bit shagged

crossa
08-11-03, 12:38 AM
The standerd ones.Time for replacement you think???And than no bouncing with the gearbox?But with lower tie bar brackets,will there be more space than?
p.s I'm from the Netherlands so i hope my crappy English will be undertood. of zo iets hehe(a couple off words dutch)