PDA

View Full Version : Nova gte help!!!

Nova_boy_69
06-11-03, 09:22 AM
I had a look at a f-reg nova gte last night, it was only up for ?300. Ive currently got a 1.2 merit nova with wheels and bodykit, and i want a bigger engine. The gte engine has done 120k, theres a few probs with the body work but nuthing serious. I either wana do an engine transplant and sell off the interior, or just drive the gte. Wot ya guys think???

wolf
06-11-03, 10:39 AM
sell the 1.2 and work on the gte, easyer and cheaper and it will look so much better and the end.

Dpnova
06-11-03, 10:41 AM
Buy an engine and put it in your 1.2. Or put everything you have on your 1.2 on the gte

dan_mk1
06-11-03, 11:51 AM
sell the 1.2 and work on the gte, easyer and cheaper and it will look so much better and the end.

why will it look so much better in the end?

Paul
06-11-03, 11:55 AM
The GTE looked as though it had had a front ender. The mirrors, one red, one grey. Car was red. The bonnet poorly sprayed, shite showing through, wings, they were a different colour red. The front towing bar thing, that had been spreyed recently, well shiney!! And tyhe car hadn't been cleaned for 2 months.

The car had had welding done on suspension turret and by the battery try the bloke sed i think.

It looked as though it had been involved in a crash at the rear. rear quarter panel and a big cruch dent in by the rear light. the tailgate had got cracks around it and the spoiler was poorly stuck on at that point. The whole tailgate was bent in towards the light.

The interior and big hole in drivers bolster.

IMO, dont sacrifice a mk2 that is in pretty good nick, few dents etc, needs sorting for a fucked up GTE. The mk2 shell is in better nick. the mk1 HAS had welding done on it, sign of age, urs hasn't. The dash is better, ur seats are better, u know the history of ur shell.

Get the lump out of the gte, drop it in urs, sell of ur novadose kit, gte bumpers buy gsi bumpers. break gte, scrap shell.

offer ?250 for the car, claim 3 months tax back, ?45 striaght away. that ?205 the car owes you. GTE interior, ?75? ?120 it owes you, ur novadose kit and gte bumpers ?200, the gsi bumpers ?50 the pair.... youve made ?30, u lso acquire leccy windows, central locking, 6 dial clocks. its worth it mate... Uv got the whole donor car for the transplant...