PDA

View Full Version : GSi transplant

SKoob
06-11-03, 09:20 AM
What is involved in transplanting a 1.6 GSi engine into a 1.3SR?

Nova_boy_69
06-11-03, 02:38 PM
Im finking of transplanting a gte engine into my 1.2, i fink its pretty simple as you just need to swap over the engines. Theyve got the same mounting point and drive shaft points. Your gona need to change over the gearbox and the petrol tank as they are different.

Nova_boy_69
06-11-03, 02:39 PM
Im finking of transplanting a gte engine into my 1.2, i fink its pretty simple as you just need to swap over the engines. Theyve got the same mounting point and drive shaft points. Your gona need to change over the gearbox and the petrol tank as they are different.

geordie_racer
06-11-03, 02:54 PM
to do this you need the following for a non injection car(ie. sr's or early 1.2)

engine and ancilleries
engine loom
ecu and loom
pipework
injection fuel pump and lines(may aswell get the fuel tank aswell if your stripping a full gte)

the gearbox is up to you its a f13cr box which the sr might have anyway but the engine will fit the f10 box aswell but id say as the engine is comig out u may aswell put the box in anyway

for injection engines its the same as above but you don't need the fuel pump and lines but id still recommend the pump as then if you went to saya valver it would be up to the job

chris