PDA

View Full Version : SRi almost ready

hendrix
04-11-03, 12:05 PM
Finally after 2 months my SRi is almost ready for the road (again!). Hopefully second time lucky! Got me claim thru for me 1litre that got stolen 4 weeks ago today - 350 quid but gotta pay 100 quid excess. doesnt even cover the f*ckin tools in the boot of the car :evil: but nevermind i aint gonna get any more money for it!
I can now afford some tax!! :P
The SRi came from a salvage yard (a stolen recovered jobbie) but didnt run cuz there were no keys so i took a 300 quid gamble. Got it running by ripping out the imobiliser and took it for a drive, came back 15 mins later and checked the oil. It was all white GOO! :roll: Took engine apart and changed the head gasket and checked the head but it wasnt that. me and me mate think that some c*nt poured water in the engine when they were lookin at it in the salvage yard!
anyway its ready to roll now after more problems like alternator packing up and leavin me stranded in the middle of nowhere wit no tax or insurance (i kno im a silly bugger but i needed 2 take it on a test run).
bodywork is still tatty (doors and wings) but im gonna tidy it up (honest!)
ill get some pics up as soon as poss.

:RIP my first Nova:
:Lets go SRi!!:

dan_mk1
04-11-03, 01:52 PM
well done?

Ste_Nova
04-11-03, 02:42 PM
well done?

for what? driving with no ins?? he is a prick imho

hendrix
04-11-03, 02:57 PM
Thanx ste :lol:
What i meant was there was no ins on the car, i had 3rd party cover cuz i was fully comp on another car at the time!!!

dan_mk1
04-11-03, 03:13 PM
i was being sarcastic

Ste_Nova
04-11-03, 03:16 PM
Thanx ste :lol:
What i meant was there was no ins on the car, i had 3rd party cover cuz i was fully comp on another car at the time!!!

only applys to cars you don't own

Will
04-11-03, 03:23 PM
car itself has to be insured to be legally on the road. and driven etc

car has to be

1. insured (not by you)

2. not owned by you

3. you have to have the relevant area on your own policy to drive other cars etc, which a lot of companys only do when your 21 or 25+ how old are you? how come u had another car insured??

this car you had insured also has to have mot for the terms above to apply.

p.s. i am correct if i wasnt i wud buy a metro insure it and then get my dad to buy me a million other cars and drive them on the mertro policy, things dont work like that underwriters are not stupid!! well......... ;)

Ste_Nova
04-11-03, 06:47 PM
i can drive anything with tax and mot... doesn't need to be insured

Will
04-11-03, 07:40 PM
traders?

Dicko
04-11-03, 07:53 PM
no, its called OLDMAN lol

dave.gsi
05-11-03, 08:55 AM
:lol:

Will
05-11-03, 11:14 AM
dont care if hes "old man" lol car has to be insrued to be on the road :P

unless u dont care or u have traders policy in one form or another

hendrix
05-11-03, 11:23 AM
This isnt about insurance, this is about saving a decent car from the scrappy!! Got it all legal today and just been out in it. Have to say its much better than my 1 ltr that I had :lol: . My 1ltr still hasnt been found yet by the ones that smell like pork, 4 weeks and still missing.... in sheffield!!!
Off to get some doors and wings on Monday coz mine are all rotten :roll:

wisewood
05-11-03, 12:43 PM
it is about insurance because you drove your car illegally.

as for the car being missing in sheffield - how do you know its in sheffield? and if thats where it was stolen from, where was it last seen? whats the reg number etc.

hendrix
05-11-03, 05:53 PM
The old nova was last seen 4 weeks ago in sheffield!!!! :( It was a tuquoise/blue 1ltr nova Mk2. The reg is H873YNU. If anyone sees anything like that kicking around please let me know!! It had half a tank of fuel so could be anywhere. Oh and it had a greek flag sticker on the back window!!
Cheers people
also
If anyone is offered some 14" 5 spoke alloys by Motorsport i think and some SRi clocks (without the white bit on the dials) could you let me know. The clocks have a green stain on the bottom left corner.
Thanks again!!!

epo
05-11-03, 08:58 PM
ull have 2 pop it down this weekend mate hope fully ill have me exhaust finished and diffuser on

also i found the other tinted cluster so there here if u want em

(+ finaly sold that soddin micra 150 notes)