PDA

View Full Version : which is better, exhaust and manifold off a gte or an after

johnnynova
02-11-03, 11:25 PM
market system? im modding my 1.2, ive got the new carb and inlet manifold, was gonna get a system of a scrapped gte but my mate said i was better off going for an aftermaket system??

i know the first is the cheaper option, but i'd rather go for power and sound!

cheers

john

geordie_racer
03-11-03, 02:52 AM
get the exhaust manifold and downpipe off the gte then get an ashley system for ?130 the gte isnt going to give you a big noise increase but will help free up some ponies due to the twin downpipe as its a carb engine make sure it is a gte manifold as the gsi will have a lamda probe in it which your engine wont have meaning you'd have to weld the hole over

chris

Aragorn
03-11-03, 09:32 AM
or just leave the probe in there unconnected ;)

or use it for an afr meter...

no need to weld it over - got an sri manifold on my gte 1.4 thing atm

m.d.
03-11-03, 12:53 PM
or just leave the probe in there unconnected ;)

or use it for an afr meter...

no need to weld it over - got an sri manifold on my gte 1.4 thing atm

where can u get one of those meters from :?:

doberman8386
03-11-03, 01:05 PM
If i was to order a full system for a gte from ashley would it fit onto my 1.2 with out any modification to the brackets

1.2 NOVA
03-11-03, 10:58 PM
I've got a full sportex exhaust system and manifold on my 1.2. da system cost ?109 and da manifold cost ?89 from www.tuning.co.uk/index1.htm (on-line autosport). dis incresed da power alot and it sounds good 2!

geordie_racer
05-11-03, 02:02 AM
would think the full system from ashley for a gte would be from downpipe back meaning you would need a twin downpipe from either a get or sr but after that the brackets should be the same yes

chris