PDA

View Full Version : Fcuking Hazard light switch!!

Fergie_sfc
01-11-03, 06:48 PM
brought one 2 weeks ago so it passed the MoT, was driving today and the thing jus started clicking away to its self, then stopped............then started again.............then stopped .............then started again and didn't turn off so i'm driving along holding it in for 20 mins.

do they always break of is it jus me having bad luck.

got a bit of car hanging out at the moment, half is red and holding the button in, the other half has the blue sparco logo jus stickin out,looks pretty cool, sparco dash board!!

do u think i could take it bac to the vauxhall garage and get it changed over?

new pics of car on here sometime tomorrow.

Fergie.

Ben
01-11-03, 07:44 PM
The main reason for them breaking are people taking them out flipping them over to turn ignition on, then messing about showing off to there mates etc.

There is a certain way round that does blow them and makes them useless.

Tazzy
01-11-03, 09:00 PM
mines broke as well, its been glued together, vaux want 20 lizzies for one, thats just rediculous for a switch for a 11 yr old car!

locky
01-11-03, 10:59 PM
Common fault! take it back to Vaux theyll do a warranty swap! they work bout twice if your lucky lol

techie
01-11-03, 11:01 PM
Common as muck.

Why buy a new one? Just repair the old one. its only the lugs inside that bend over not holding it in the off position, take it apart, bend them over again and put it back together, job done.

chenco
01-11-03, 11:53 PM
go to a scrapy. there's loads. its about ?2 or at the 1 i go to, the guy gave me 1 for free with some other bits. thanx to that guy

Aragorn
02-11-03, 12:26 AM
normally caused by folk yanking it out the holder while its in the off position

but yer either get one from scrapyard or take it to pieces and fix it :)

redbristolnova
02-11-03, 10:58 AM
Mine comes out on its own,
so I just folded some black card and pushed it down the side, That does the trick... :D

Ste_Nova
02-11-03, 11:42 AM
i've gutted the springs out of a few when they break... then they are pull for on.. push for off