PDA

View Full Version : A few questions needing answers

f3ieky
30-10-03, 09:10 PM
hi, i need a few answers and here are the questions

1) my indicators dont work when i use the stalks but work when i turn the hazards on. tried 2 sets of stalks, checked fuses they're fine and so is the wiring. so what is it?

2) brake lights also stoped working but the bulbs are fine. why?

3) rev counter doesnt work. i presumed it was wired to the alternator which was busted but i got a new one which works fine but no rev counter still. havent got a coil as its a diesel. anyone know what gives the signal for it and what wires it is?

4) haynes don't do a manual for diesel novas so does anyone know of any other manual or guides for them?

5) does anyone know where you can download a program that tells you all the fault codes, part numbers etc? cant remember what its called.

My car is a 1991 1.5 turbo diesel merit

Thanks for your help and please post any information you have as im starting to pull my hair out thanks to this car

Cheers.

mowgli
30-10-03, 10:05 PM
the fault could be in the hazard switch itself.
brake light prob....maybe the pedal switch needs looking at.
Haynes do a book specifically for the vauxhall diesel engine, it has all the 1.5 +1.7 turbo/non turbo variants listed. It is quite a good book.
can't help on the rev counter, sorry

Aragorn
30-10-03, 10:39 PM
is it a TD dash uve got?

the td uses different signals to the petrol im sure

so if its a normal gte/sr dash in there it may not work

sounds like a fuse or summats gone somwhere

1) change hazard switch

2) check switch on pedal, check rear clusters for wiring issues or corrosion

3) as above

f3ieky
31-10-03, 04:08 PM
thanks for your answers.

managed to fix a few of the problems. took my dash apart and found that a resistor or whatever they're called had blown on the rev counter. took it out and the indicators are now fine and so are the brake lights.

now if i get a new rev counter it should all be fine

thanks for your advice