PDA

View Full Version : cav turbo into my nova

yellow nova
30-10-03, 08:51 PM
just pick up the cav turbo start taking to bit this weekend nova turbo soon :P

peester
30-10-03, 08:57 PM
good luck mate. youll need it. be worth it in the end though.

Breeny
30-10-03, 10:25 PM
good luck with putting a cav turbo in a nova :lol:

dan16v
30-10-03, 10:35 PM
lol post in a years time when its finished! hope u know what ur getting your self in for! ie cutting out old g box mounts and welding in new ones!

yellow nova
30-10-03, 11:02 PM
not puting the f28 in yet it dont see it been that hard to fit going to run it till it pops first then re build it

Dpnova
31-10-03, 08:53 AM
I take it this conversion is quite hard to do then.

andybishop
31-10-03, 01:59 PM
Should'nt be a problem as it's already a 16v, I did mine over a weekend, and dave's pretty handy in the garage, if you have any probs when your doing it dave give me a shout. you've got my number.

Also what are the headlights and fogs like on the cav, got a crack in my passenger headlight and fog lights.

Ste_Nova
31-10-03, 03:49 PM
lol post in a years time when its finished!

we're not all as slow as you :P

Ste_Nova
31-10-03, 03:54 PM
just been checking your rebuild pics andy... you seem to have goene from a cav mk2 modded mount to a carquip mount?

andybishop
31-10-03, 03:58 PM
Ste, The first mount in the pics was purchased from Carquip many years ago, normal mount with some welded on the top. I brought the new one cause it looks better and isn't as bulky as the old one.....

Ste_Nova
31-10-03, 04:09 PM
Ste, The first mount in the pics was purchased from Carquip many years ago, normal mount with some welded on the top. I brought the new one cause it looks better and isn't as bulky as the old one.....

yes but they tend to snap... i'm fitting an astra mk2 alloy mount... and lowering the bracket on the car... keeps it looking factory

andybishop
31-10-03, 04:12 PM

benji
31-10-03, 04:21 PM
you doing a turbo now ste?

Ste_Nova
31-10-03, 04:22 PM

i heard u the first time :P..... i'm sure you ment to say something else

Ste_Nova
31-10-03, 04:22 PM
you doing a turbo now ste?

car is being built to recive anything

andybishop
31-10-03, 05:21 PM
No i was having problems with my machine at work..... I have heard about them snapping too, but i'll deal with that when it happens.

locky
31-10-03, 05:54 PM
car is being built to recive anything

Rover v8????? :P

yellow nova
31-10-03, 07:25 PM
thanks for the offer of the help andy you may regret that in the long run :lol: i bet i have it going in one weekend when i start it not in a years time anyway

karl Rowntree
31-10-03, 09:33 PM
Hi dave, so much for selling it mate!

I will back andy up, if you need a hand just ask and we are there.

Noticed you were after a cav turbo on mig, whats the rest of the car like??

Look forward to seeing the finished car. :D

yellow nova
01-11-03, 02:27 AM
its not to bad but the wife whants rid soon has been on the piss tonight not has bad has you midlands lads hows you fets for the lades shoes karl he he he bit pissssss at the mo

njc11
01-11-03, 10:22 AM
I'll give you a hand to Dave...... i'll polish it for you as you no i do a better job :P

Where did you get to last night... we went to other bar, then couldn't find you!

Nick

dan16v
01-11-03, 12:55 PM
lol post in a years time when its finished!

we're not all as slow as you :P

slag! theres no one with a nova turbo round here so ive got no one to help me! and the fact that i didnt want to get in any debt for it meant ive had to wait each week for parts etc AND it doesnt help when PVD leave you waiting 2MONTHS for an f28 kit which you could make yourself in 20mins :lol:

Ste_Nova
01-11-03, 01:36 PM
lol

so why remove the 2.0 16v... when u cant afford to fit the turbo... would not have been easier to stock pile parts/money till you were ready to do it?

on a lighter note i was in the scrappy this morning with my drill.... got astra 16v mount to weld on nova now

Ian
01-11-03, 02:21 PM
yes but they tend to snap... i'm fitting an astra mk2 alloy mount... and lowering the bracket on the car... keeps it looking factory

I think the fact it has a non standard engine gives away its not factory

Ste_Nova
01-11-03, 03:30 PM
just ment i'm using vaux parts where i can where there is no gain from changing it

dan16v
02-11-03, 12:14 PM
lol

so why remove the 2.0 16v... when u cant afford to fit the turbo... would not have been easier to stock pile parts/money till you were ready to do it?

on a lighter note i was in the scrappy this morning with my drill.... got astra 16v mount to weld on nova now

it was never meant to have a turbo i took the engine out to do the cam belt and abit of head work, then one night i was drunk before a night out and a friend offered me a let so for some reason i bought it :lol: