PDA

View Full Version : Cosworth Arches

Markez
30-10-03, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to Know what people would think of having cosworth style arches on the front of a nova instead of the standard wings. I reckon they would look good sticking out past the door and meshing down the inside of them? Will do this to my nova if get a good response :D

Opinions please? :wink:

srs1
30-10-03, 07:27 PM
sounds nuts mate.
you've got to be original and set the trend. as long as there are peps out there wanting to go the extra mile then the nova will never die.

Markez
30-10-03, 07:43 PM
Yeah true mate thanx! I know its similar to a wide arch style front but it has the added bit thats runs down the door which i think would look very lush!
:wink:

Dare-devil
30-10-03, 08:51 PM
Would look cool, if it's done properly :wink: ..

dave.gsi
30-10-03, 08:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^agreed

wide rear arches too??

Jim
30-10-03, 09:01 PM
Kinda like what Dans done to his car? Scroll down to the pic of the rear of the car

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=715

Jim

Dare-devil
30-10-03, 09:06 PM
Yeah.! get it done like on Dan's..

Markez
30-10-03, 09:24 PM
yeah I really think it would look smart especially if blended in properly as Iam sure my mate will do.

I have decided I will get it done and hopefully this will all add together with the rest of my kit to be a true Scottish killer nova, which will be finished in January! :wink:

Dare-devil
31-10-03, 08:16 AM
Sweet. :D

Keep us posted.. ( with pics )

Dpnova
31-10-03, 09:13 AM
Defo a good i dea but i dont think you would be the first as dans yellow beast has them

novaexplod
04-11-03, 06:48 PM
ive sin it dun b4 on another nova website looks good tho

ade
07-11-03, 02:08 AM
you need to remember though that if you buy the extension rs kit (fibreglass wings that blend into the existing wing) youve got to properly seal the "inner" wing part and then reinforce it - recommend expanding foam - something water tight too so no moisture can get between the wing and the join. You'll certainly be able to fit bigger wheels too. Some cut the old wing back because you cant see it anyway and stops the wheel from buffing on the outside edge.

As for rear arches - not really much point making these wide with a fibreglass type kit as it might not look as good with standard 15/16" wheels - big arches need big wheels usually - and the fibreglass wont be strong enough as the body is joiuned to the inner arch. Depends on how wide the arch is mind. Many get the arch extended by welding in extra plates and cutting a bigger extension or in some cases replacing the entire 1/4 panel (what usualy happens) with a wide arch kit.

Depends on what your after.

the front extension though with the grill by the door does look the nuts - however you'll need a decent set of skirts to finish the lower part off otherwise it'll look odd it it sticks that far out from thr car then just ends...

:wink: