PDA

View Full Version : fucking POT HOLES

?Marty?
30-10-03, 03:12 PM
The state of British roads really pisses me off, pot-holes and huge bumps and shit all over the place.

I've got piles and it makes my bum sore driving about.

:lol: Nah, joking about that, i'm too glamourous to have piles. But i have fucked up my rear bumper on a pot hole. And something's started rattling at the back now too. Can't be bothered having a look at what it could be though.

Dpnova
30-10-03, 03:16 PM
Hope your piles get better soon along with your car, bitish roads are sh!* they do nothing but mess up cars :evil:

Mark
30-10-03, 04:28 PM
Potholes... :cry:

Barn
30-10-03, 04:47 PM
agree...british roads, to put it lightly, are w*nk.

one of my cd players broke coz of one. hit pothole, cd player mustve rattled or something, cd itself jumped and got stuck in there. It didnt read the disk anymore any was nackerd.

And,what made it worse was I had the ex in the car @ teh time and was getting ready to put some tunes on to get her in the mood.... :(

Alex
30-10-03, 06:04 PM
try some anusol or preperation H

Ben
30-10-03, 07:13 PM
I use preparation H often, not for piles though :lol:

?Marty?
30-10-03, 07:14 PM
KY Jelly?

Jim
30-10-03, 07:23 PM
agree...british roads, to put it lightly, are w*nk.

I dunno, compared to Tenerife they are smooth as silk. At least we have road markings over here, lol. Besides, roads in MK are pretty good fun :D

Jim

Barn
30-10-03, 08:13 PM
what is preparation h then?

Gazza14SR
30-10-03, 08:16 PM
I use preparation H often, not for piles though :lol:

helps with tatoos dont it ben?

so1o
30-10-03, 11:08 PM
Why dont they improve the flippin roads, the amount of money they charge us for everything car related these days, the least they could do is fix the damn roads. I avoid half the roads in Luton because there so shit.

Ben
30-10-03, 11:23 PM
Go to live in Cambodia then come back and try to complain about our roads.

Yes Gaz.

so1o
31-10-03, 12:46 AM
been to Kashmir, same as here :lol:

Fester
31-10-03, 01:25 AM
when the *insert people from any country here* pay as much as we do i'll start making comparisons!

Paul
31-10-03, 06:30 PM
my mate buckled two 17s on a pothole in london. ?500 down the drain.

srs1
01-11-03, 12:19 AM
my mate buckled two 17s on a pothole in london. ?500 down the drain.

you/he can claim this back off the gov. does take time but he wouldn't be ?500 rips down.

Neil.
01-11-03, 01:36 AM
should keep a little camera in ur glove box, so if u hit a pot holes, stop, take pics of hole, and damage, date it and then send it off as u pay tax to have good road, which many of them aint!

Round here they seem to Re-servicing the main roads that are not bumpy but forgetting the little ones that r crap!

?Marty?
01-11-03, 03:23 PM
it's not that easy getting comp from the council for things like that. They have to be aware of the damage to the road to be liable to any consequential damage to your car for example. It would have had to have been reported previously, and if it has not been repaired, then they would be liable.

blaa blaa, blaady blaa.

Paul
01-11-03, 06:43 PM
it was back in july when he did it, do you still think that he could claim off the government?

dave.gsi
01-11-03, 08:35 PM
it's not that easy getting comp from the council for things like that. They have to be aware of the damage to the road to be liable to any consequential damage to your car for example. It would have had to have been reported previously, and if it has not been repaired, then they would be liable.

blaa blaa, blaady blaa.

couldnt you just get a mate to report it (say 5 minutes after it wrecked your wheels) then an hour later you call an tell them you'll be wanting new rims. that way they'll know about it but wont have had time to fix it

?Marty?
02-11-03, 03:09 AM
good idea dave. though it'd be hard to argue that an hour is sufficient notice for them to do anything about it.

jkhilton
02-11-03, 10:00 AM
if a pothole is reported, dont the council have to come to fix it withing 48 hours or something?