PDA

View Full Version : Why go back to a Nova???

Ian_Gsi16v
29-10-03, 06:52 PM
Im thinking of selling my Nova, its been playing on my mind for a few months that I would like a change. The worrying part is that people seem to go back to them? Why?

Anton for example?, had a smart Corsa, sold it, now back to a Nova??

Ive been driving Novas for nearly 4 years so maybe I do need a change :?

very confused now :?

HELP!

Dave_Hay
29-10-03, 06:55 PM
each to there own.......

if i wasnt a student id have a valver nova to play with at weekends

but i dont want one to drive everyday hence i got myself a corsa - slightly more mod cons but basically same car!

what you want from a car is the question u gotta answer

peester
29-10-03, 07:01 PM
know the feeling mate. going back to novas is what you call a nova boy. ill admit im not one. not yet. people go back cos thats what attracted them in the first place; plentyful, cheap, really modable, easy to work on, kno where you are with them. above all; light weight. also their popularity plays apart too; sites like this, the variety and competitiveness at shows.
corsas are just bubble shaped dearer novas. and more electronic. go to something else and its heavier, not as quick, harder to repair -whatever.
they aren't the be-all-and-end all thou and perhaps imagine yourself in your next car driving along... then getting overtaken by a nova (lol, or your old nova) let'ed or something... what would that be like? my reckoning anyway.

dave.gsi
29-10-03, 07:05 PM
now you wanna sell? i spent weeks looking for a white gsi :twisted: :lol:

Ian_Gsi16v
29-10-03, 07:11 PM
You wouldnt want mine dave

dave.gsi
29-10-03, 07:12 PM
not now i dont lmao :lol:

srs1
29-10-03, 08:08 PM
i've had my gte for 1 and half years. my sr before for 4 years.
can afford to get a new car, but it is as said. your own personal choice.
i'm getting a new car soonish and putting the gte into hideing.

Anton
29-10-03, 08:18 PM
Right...

I got the corsa after my orignal nova as I was offered it cheap. I decided to mod it a bit, but really I got bored. Parts for modern cars are expensive, standard or modified. Plus the corsa really drives itself, its not a proper drivers car with its girly power steering.

I went back to a nova because I want to finish what I originally started and I am a nova enthusiast *spelling*. I think I will always have a nova to play with, but maybe a more modern car in future as an everyday car