PDA

View Full Version : y do they do it?

novapol
27-10-03, 08:54 PM
i passed my test on thursday n since that day i have been followed by the police. 1 hr after i had passed (with only 2 minors :D ) i was bein followed and the dont even follow be for a little bit they followed me for bout 20 miles... from and back to town.

i dont drive like a nob racin around every where but they persist in following me... the lastest one tonight.

is there anythin i can do bout this coz its pissin me off??!!

locky
27-10-03, 08:56 PM
Put the green letter P in the car to show your a new driver! maybe they can see your nerves whilst driving, although u think u aint got em!

Jim
27-10-03, 08:59 PM
Best thing to do, is not react. Make sure your car is 100% road legal, so no worn out tyres, blown light bulbs or anything like that. Just drive carefully. If they start to stop you for no reason repeatedly, and its the same officier thats stopping you, after the 3rd of 4th time of them stopping you, get their badge and make a formal complaint of harrasment at the police station.

Other than that, just continue to drive normally and dont do anything to attract their attention.

Jim

novapol
27-10-03, 09:04 PM
ive already been pulled for a 'routine' check they searched it from seat belts to tyres to exhaust. lucky i take good care of it.
they are really bad round here.... my m8 had to sell his xr2i coz they followed him every turn and it was many different cops not just the same one over n over

Gazza14SR
27-10-03, 09:08 PM
i got harrased by police loads, due to the car and convictions on my liscence i was told. Wrote a letter of complaint and received an apology by the 'cheif constable'

since then i havent had no troubles but i havent evem seen a cop car for awhile anyway.

since april ive been pulled numerous times, had 4 full viechle inspections, 19 producers and 3 defect slips with my car which ive had to get stamped by an mot station and send to the police.

when my mum and i wrote the letter, i had got all the dates/times of being pulled over and the majority of the coppers ID numbers and names, which was very helpful when writing the letter for using this as evidence.

if you think you can live when it then great but i was getting so fcuked off i couldnt take anymore.

Gaz

srs1
27-10-03, 09:12 PM
you can pull over and pre-tend to be on your mobile. that pi**es em off. you aint doing nought wrong. if they stop, ask them if theres a problem. if you get in there face, but nicely then they cant do squat.
my mate got pulled, the cop said his tyres were illegal, he laughed at them and said i'm on way back from car passing mot. cop got in car and drove off.
my other mate gave a cop the finger, cause he pulled out on him. so he said to the cop to sod off or he'll report him for dangerous driving.

som truck drivers i know deliberately speed infront of the cop. when asked, he replies, thought i'd give you a reason to pull me, instead of wasteing my time. the cops dont like it.

like the others said, keep a cool head and ignore them.

Tilly
27-10-03, 09:23 PM
Ive been pulled twice in a week supposedly cause i have no seat belt on i sarcasticly point out i have harnesses. But i didnt mind being pulled 2nd time the guy was fit

srs1
27-10-03, 09:29 PM
one track mind there tilly.....now wheres that breast post gone. lol

RobHardyUK
27-10-03, 09:38 PM
toss a beer can out the window then swerve

srs1
27-10-03, 09:44 PM
toss a beer can out the window then swerve

sweet. i like your thinking :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
28-10-03, 08:48 AM
i get harrased by them all the time. I got my car back bout 5 days ago, it only lasted 4 days and my car is off the road again even though i had 2 MOTs last week!
Apperantly my exhaust is too loud, funny enough though it went its gonna numberous MOTs just how it is now.

Dpnova
28-10-03, 08:56 AM
Keep everything legal and dont drive like a nutter then it doesnt matter,

Ste_Nova
28-10-03, 09:17 AM
lol i got pulled for blue/green headlights

"lights are a bit blue"

"dunno been in since i bought the car"

"will have to give you a defect note"

"no problem the mot runs out in 2 hours"

"ok... be on your way"

i thn pullled off and limitered it in 1st, 2nd, 3rd :lol:

then i got pulled for speeding in the mersey tunnel...

"do you know why we have pulled you"

"nope"

"you were speeding"

"ah right"

"wft is that guy with the camera doing!!"

"he's getting your badge numbers and reg plate cause he filmed all the way through the tunnel, including you speeding to catch me"

"ok you best get going we have a wide load coming through"

:lol:

Mark
28-10-03, 11:58 AM
LOL - Ste the rebel!

BigRuss
28-10-03, 12:43 PM
In My younger wilder more violent days I had a similar problem to this, I've always earned good money and always put cars as a priority :D

Ten years ago I was a Crazy 20 yr old with a 285bhp rwd Sapphire Cossie, and not a care in the world. I was abit of an header in it as You can imagine :twisted: .

Anyway I'd regularly get pulled in 3 or 4 times a night in it, Is this your vehicle Sir? Is it registered in Your name sir? Is it insured in Your name sir? What's the rush Sir ?

The majority of the time it was one traffic cop pulling me over, so I became a bit of a Sherlock Holmes type vigilante!! I actually found out where this copper lived, followed him home once, found out he had horses, where He kept them etc...

The next time that I got pulled in, which happened to be by the above mentioned copper again!! I merely pointed out to him that if I kept getting pulled over by Him then He should be prepared for the consequences, He threatened to arrest Me, I threatened to kill his horses ( 3 of them + described them to him), at which point He got back in his car and I have never even seen him since :lol: :lol:

Now I know this is extreme but it worked for Me. However for You I would just put a green "P" in the rear window, as someone else has already said they prob observing your nerves.

Dpnova
28-10-03, 12:45 PM
LMFAO @ BIGRUSS :lol:

Ste_Nova
28-10-03, 12:48 PM
However for You I would just put a green "P" in the rear window, as someone else has already said they prob observing your nerves.

with ISS OFF under it in smaller letters

Barn
28-10-03, 03:31 PM
the filth have just got a brand new ST220 as a traffic car or something down here, which was following me before so I just headed for my bro's girlfriends parked up (as if it were my house) and waited for him to pass :lol: jus gave him a nice sarcy smile and a thumbs up, lol.

its funny tho, whenever I see a copper, their always staring like fcukin monkeys @ me. must be the 17 year old with a nova thing ??

ste, funny as fcuk with the nailing it in 1st,2nd + 3rd! :lol: