PDA

View Full Version : ignition

Jon_nova1
27-10-03, 01:33 PM
if you don't have spark plug's connected would the starter motor still turn over because i'm working on the electric's (thanks to a dodgy alarm) it get's to ignition and the light's are on but it doesn't turn over, nothing is shorting out and no fuses blown

broony
27-10-03, 01:54 PM
The starter motor should still turn the engine over but it wont start.

Something must be wrong with your stater.

Jon_nova1
27-10-03, 01:57 PM
that's what i thought but the starter was working on thursday, do you think a cheap 30 quid alarm would disable trhe ignition if it's ripped out

Aragorn
27-10-03, 02:12 PM
quite probably it had a relay that would cut the starter and ignition feeds when it was armed which is prolly why nothings happening now - have a look at the starter wiring under the ignition barrel - black with red stripe see if its been spliced into...

Jon_nova1
27-10-03, 02:16 PM
no all the wiring was done around the fuse box i'll follow the cable and see where it leads to

broony
27-10-03, 02:18 PM
Did the alarm have an imobiliser? I wouldnt think it would disable your ignition. Is it making any noise when u try to start? Ru sure your batteries not flat?

Jon_nova1
02-11-03, 05:03 PM
no it's not got an imobiliser the battery isn't flat i figured it out the spade connector's into the ignition barrel were loose