PDA

View Full Version : carb adjustments, i found what i think is the mixture adjust

johnnynova
26-10-03, 01:58 PM
screw, in the haynes manual.
i got a bolt on filter for my 1.2 carb (1b1) acceleration is better and there is a nice sound and the engine juts revs and revs and revs! but on the motor way i only got 95-100 max! wen i put the big old filter back on i was hitting 110! in the little bit of paper k&n giv u wid the filter they say that adjustments need to be made to the carb if top end is poor. being the budding wanna b mechanic i attempt all mods/tuning myself so thought i'd giv it ago, but the haynes only tells of the idle mixture screw (located) and auxilary ideal screw (located too) but no mention of full throtle mixure, is there one, if so where and if not is it the idle screw??????? baffled, k&n said there shud be one.

advice appreciated!

cheers

John

Stuart
26-10-03, 02:11 PM
just looked in my carb manual and it has no general mixture control, but that is controlled by the jet size. so you need a slightly larger main jet.

id suggest a min jet from a 1.3 with a 1b1 carb (non sr)or prehaps a passat 1.3 (1981-1983)

or just buy a new one lol

1.2 NOVA
26-10-03, 10:36 PM
try dis link http://www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63454