PDA

View Full Version : dodgy exhaust need help!

mazza
24-10-03, 05:35 PM
is there any difference between any of the downpipes from 1.3's?? I got an ashley system for a 1.3 but it dont fit the 1.3 manifold + downpipe i have, it pokes out the side of the car!! iv tried a 1.6 manifold and downpipe aswell and it was the same shape as the 1.3.... this is really pi~~ing me off now coz iv spent 80 quid on manifolds n stuff and cant get it to fit, I could of got a 4-1 manifold for a little bit more dollar! the only thing i can think of doing is cutting the centre pipe on the ashley system and wealding it back together so it fits at the right angle but thats a bit of a bodge so im stuck on ideas.....

someone must know how to sort this out!

Aragorn
24-10-03, 07:58 PM
sounds like u dont actually have a 1.3 manifold and downpipe on there but infact have a 1.6 one

the 1.3 and 1.4 sr are the same

1.6 gte is different but its the same as the sri and gsi too (with the addition of a lambda prob)

so if your "1.3" downpipe is the same as a 1.6 downpipe then the chances are it IS a 1.6 downpipe

mazza
24-10-03, 09:13 PM
i ordered the ashley system for a 1.3, i got the 1.6 manifold and downpipe off a gte in the scrappy coz my engines a 1.2 and id need new manifold and downpip to fit the system, i thought the 1.6 gte system might b the same shape as the 1.3 at the end of the downpipe, but wasnt, so i got the 1.3 manifold and downpipe from that vaux scrappers on the net, but its the same shape as the 1.6 gte one but ever so slightly smaller pipe diameter... both have same angle on the end of the downpipe, i dont want to buy another manifold and downpipe just to find that its the wrong one again. :?

PE4
27-10-03, 07:18 PM
I have just changed my 1.3SR engine for a 1.6GTE. The exhaust systems are different, could not use the 1.3 manifold and downpipe, had to use the 1.6 manifold and downpipe.

When under the car the 1.3 downpipe bends a bit more to the left than the 1.6, so the system wouldn't fit properly.

When I got my ashley system for my 1.3SR it was not a perfect fit anyway, so I got the four branch manifold and that sorted it out.

Hope this helps some.