PDA

View Full Version : another problem

so1o
24-10-03, 06:01 AM
Driving along and heae a big crack sound coming from the back, didnt sound very healthy. Everytime i floored it crack crack crack! Turns out theres a little 5p size hole in the middle of the exhaust. Power loss is very very noticeable.

Im just wondering what exhaust sytems have fellow novaloaders got on there valvers?

steve-o
24-10-03, 09:14 AM
one that blows :(

Jules
24-10-03, 09:20 AM
PowerBlow - load of shite - avoid 'em at all costs.

Go for a reputable brand of exhaust and you can't go far wrong.

so1o
24-10-03, 03:30 PM
come on valver owners where are ya?

a2lt16v
24-10-03, 03:55 PM
i got a nova gsi magnex system on mine bit long tho mine is not as quick as it should be maybe its the exhaust

Fester
24-10-03, 04:20 PM
PowerBlow - load of s**t - avoid 'em at all costs.

Go for a reputable brand of exhaust and you can't go far wrong.

seconded

Mongoose

Jim
24-10-03, 06:59 PM
Solo,

I'm getting a custom made system done by a company called "Exhaust By Design". They are based in Buckingham (which isn't too far away from you). They are suppose to be very good. ?350 (iinc VAT) for a full system. It sounds pricey, but I've only heard good things about them. I'm going down there next friday to have a chat with the guy. Look for them on yell.com and give him a call.

Jim

so1o
25-10-03, 05:49 AM
thanks for the replys.

Jim i was following your post so i have got there no to hand as well as tony law. Only problem i have is for some reason where the exhaust joins up to the manifold a bit further down its really very low, an inch or two from the ground scrapes all the time.

Anyway Jim hows your black little no :lol: coming along, seeing it as it was i was impressed, cant wait to see it finished, gonna be a beauty.

Jim
25-10-03, 01:14 PM
Anyway Jim hows your black little no :lol: coming along, seeing it as it was i was impressed, cant wait to see it finished, gonna be a beauty.

LOL, cheers dude. It's coming along slowly. Been buying lots of bits for it. Waiting for the shell to come back from the bodyshop, then I can start fitting the interior and tidying up as much of the car as I can.

Let us know how you get on with the exhaust Solo.

Jim

so1o
26-10-03, 05:00 AM
Jim i've come across a red top engine and its to good to pass over, also might be getting a LET if what he says is true for a very good price. Exhaust is on hold for the moment plus a very nice farmer offered to weld it seeing as its only a 5p sized hole im gonna see what happens, you ordered your yet?

Jim
26-10-03, 10:39 AM
No, I've not ordered my exhaust yet. Hopefully going down to get a quote on Friday. I'll have to get him to fit the exhaust after the car comes back from the bodyshop and the engines in. I might have to bodge a system on the car temporarily to drive to the exhaust place.

I thought you already had a red top engine?

Jim

steve-o
26-10-03, 12:30 PM
are powerflow really that bad?

so1o
26-10-03, 02:39 PM
Forget the Let engine lol, should be picking up new engine on Monday if all goes well, yeah Jim me got one in my nova already but its always nice to have another as back up :) The price im getting it for is to good to pass up plus its had some money spent on it in the last month but bloke just wants rid now as hes got a new car.

More good news today, got a phone call from a mate, getting gsi bumpers tonite :D

When do you think your getting your car back?Post some pics when its done, its gonna look mint.

Steve i used to think they were quite good until recently as ive heard there not worth it at all, dunno why though.