PDA

View Full Version : under chassis colour coding! and chroming?!

dan16v
23-10-03, 11:42 PM
sweet getting the underneith of my car colour coded in 2weeks!
instead of yuk black sealer it will all be white should look gud if i roll it!
think im gunna get my shocks and t c a's chromed aswell? any one got any gen on chroming prices? :wink:

miles
24-10-03, 11:12 AM
Your removing the underseal and having it painted white? It will chip off and rust.........

I've had my Tie bars, ARB and TCA's powder coated red.

wisewood
24-10-03, 11:14 AM
I AM THINKING MAYBE THIS CAR ISNT GOING TO BE USED EVERYDAY FOR NIPPING DOWN THE SHOPS (caps lock)

Dpnova
24-10-03, 11:16 AM
That will look the mutts :D

courtenaynova
24-10-03, 11:56 AM
Use a product called 'StoneChip', or use 2 pack paint ONLY! Not celulose!

Ste_Nova
24-10-03, 01:04 PM
remove standard underseal... replace with 3m shutz... try to avoid sand blasting as it removes the factory zinc coating

TWAG
24-10-03, 11:20 PM
sweet getting the underneith of my car colour coded in 2weeks!
instead of yuk black sealer it will all be white should look gud if i roll it!
think im gunna get my shocks and t c a's chromed aswell? :wink:

TART!

Fergie_sfc
25-10-03, 03:31 PM
alrite mate?

think shocks will look heavy chromed.

go for it.

fergie.

Rick Draper
25-10-03, 04:04 PM
Dont think you can chrome struts as you would need to pull them to bits to then get the bodies chromed. Rick

dan16v
25-10-03, 04:40 PM
Rick the place that are doing the work say it is possible ill see what they say when i take it down there :lol:
if not ill have to buy some chrome shocks :roll:

and yea the std under sealer is being high temp steamed off? and replaced with the 3m under seal which is obviously white as std

as for car use.............. it will never be finished so it will never be on the road to get dirty! :lol: :lol:

locky
25-10-03, 06:18 PM
*cough* Trailer Queen *cough* :lol:
(jk m8!)
Good luck! should look lovely when its done!

Rick Draper
25-10-03, 06:23 PM
I have some bling bling shocks on order, only 2 more weeks to wait till they arrive now, been waiting a week but they ainmt started to even make them yet! Rick

Ste_Nova
25-10-03, 06:27 PM
and replaced with the 3m under seal which is obviously white as std

grey

locky
25-10-03, 06:33 PM
grey/white :wink: :roll:

Ste_Nova
25-10-03, 06:39 PM
just rang my bodyshop bloke...

the white/tintable stuff sets hard

the grey stuff stays soft and can be thinned down depending on where it's being used

dan16v
26-10-03, 12:11 PM
when i checked the colour it seems pritty gud match to my car body work so itll do! only realy getting it done as a precaution and sane as they do it in white ish* i may aswell use that! and its cheap aswell to do!, better make sure my m8 leaves the car in the oven for a while after hes steamed it tho lol end up with new sealer trapping water :roll:

Rick did you get some ledas in the end? must have cost abit!

Ste_Nova
26-10-03, 01:42 PM

ricks trying to buy his way into the top 10 novas of 2004 :lol:

Rick Draper
26-10-03, 06:07 PM

LOL they have cost a fortune Dan, as will the next 2 buys on my list :twisted: . Rick

Jules
26-10-03, 07:07 PM

Meeeoowwww!!!
Back in the knife draw!!!
:lol:

dan16v
26-10-03, 07:36 PM
lmfao! Rick you should be able to get in the top 10 if you take some fibreglass styling tips of that richy boy nova in the turbo section! then theyd be identical! and then you can go in max power :lol:
certainly going for it then! what is so bad about the avos?

had a ass of a day trying to get my let to prime oil to the turbo 2day! dam starter motor sounds sus aswell!
i still need a decent intercooler and a few hoses before i can start it! :roll:

Rick out of intrest how much was your fmic as forge want ?280+ vat for my design got to order that next week realy made a nice design in the end :D

XZiBiT
26-10-03, 09:19 PM
all a waste of time if you ask me !!! hey guys look at my wicked bootbuild"lift boot to show of SUBS ok cool" hey guys look at my colour coded underbody guys bend down on the wet floor and get muddy why the fuck have you done that?????? sorry i think its a waste o money !! my opinion mate sorry

Ste_Nova
26-10-03, 09:34 PM
hey guys look at my colour coded underbody guys bend down on the wet floor and get muddy why the fcuk have you done that?????? sorry i think its a waste o money !! my opinion mate sorry

it's mainly an anti rust measure... its just a bonus it looks nice

and anyway if you wanna see under mine i will have mirrors available

dave.gsi
26-10-03, 09:45 PM
lmao, come fully prepared then

XZiBiT
26-10-03, 10:24 PM
i can understand the antirust measure but makin it look good??? thats like cleaning the inside of your exhaust who cares what it looks like???next he will colour code his tyres :Plofl:P

dave.gsi
26-10-03, 10:25 PM
colour code tyres are feckin ace. wait till there available properly over here

XZiBiT
26-10-03, 10:28 PM
now dave i was joking but i get a funny feeling your not enlighten me please

dave.gsi
26-10-03, 10:31 PM
check these babies out

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_14/car_portal_pic_7148.jpg?1848

lol, a slightly cooler set..
http://www.carreview.com/Channels/CarReview/images/products/product_967.gif

XZiBiT
26-10-03, 10:34 PM
ho ho holy shit there real :o :o :o

dave.gsi
26-10-03, 10:37 PM
lol, told you there cool

dave.gsi
26-10-03, 10:41 PM
copied from the website (the multicoloured ones).....

are you brave enough to put a set of tyres such as this on your car? German firm Continental thinks you will be as it unveiled an amazing new line-up of wild products this week. Called Personalityres, the multi-coloured rubber has come about thanks to new manufacturing techniques and ingredients. Expect to see them on the wheels of fashion-conscious drivers' cars in a high street near you very soon.

XZiBiT
26-10-03, 10:46 PM
lol not for me !!!! :lol:

dan16v
26-10-03, 10:52 PM
all a waste of time if you ask me !!! hey guys look at my wicked bootbuild"lift boot to show of SUBS ok cool" hey guys look at my colour coded underbody guys bend down on the wet floor and get muddy why the fcuk have you done that?????? sorry i think its a waste o money !! my opinion mate sorry

not true as if it was wet and muddy my car wouldnt be out!

at the end of the day why would i want a nice engine in a peice of shit car! thats like saying whats the point in having good body work so people can stand out in the rain and say 'why the fcuk have you done that' :lol:

and yes iam getting them to colour code my tyres in anthresite black to match my wheels :lol:

dave.gsi
26-10-03, 10:54 PM
lol, dont fancy a set of multi colours then?

TWAG
27-10-03, 12:14 AM
all a waste of time if you ask me !!! hey guys look at my wicked bootbuild"lift boot to show of SUBS ok cool" hey guys look at my colour coded underbody guys bend down on the wet floor and get muddy why the fcuk have you done that?????? sorry i think its a waste o money !! my opinion mate sorry

I have to agree, sorry mate.

dan16v
27-10-03, 10:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how can you agree TWAG what a contradiction concidering your cars boot is full of homo faggot subs and amps :lol: maybe you and xzibit could get HALFORDS and MAX POWER to donate some more neons and sterio to weigh your car down! (oh wait you all ready have neons :lol: ) maybe if you add some neon washer jets they will pick your cars for fast and furious 3? :roll:
try getting some quality mods which help sell the car in the long run and show off the quality of workmanship! not tacky tide me over mods like magic tree's :lol:

dave.gsi
27-10-03, 10:09 PM
lol, my car had five magic trees in it when i bought it :roll:

TWAG
28-10-03, 09:34 PM
LOL at dan! :lol:

What a fag

dan16v
28-10-03, 09:46 PM
get bak to your rusty 1.2i mr fast and furious :lol:

XZiBiT
29-10-03, 05:26 PM
dan stop acting like your aviator(pic of bart) you know chrome is metal?? you know metal weighs loads??? you know chroming and colour coding the underside of your car is gay?? ok big subs amps and stuff = nice music in ya car ok ........ all that bollox your doing=waste of money you dummy spend2k on a valver ok i can dig that even on ice people can follow that but if it rains we will still be showig off our installs and stuff you will be at home jerking off you spend all that money makin it look cool underneith your car when only the road is gonna benifit and what goods that (roads cant talk) i think your mad thats just me but my opinion dont count its your car pal just dont involve me in your beefs again you post that ya gonna do these mods=you value other peeps opinions?????

elsey197
29-10-03, 05:31 PM
I think it will look mint mate, love going to shows and seeing the cars with the mirrors beside them showing an immaculate underside

Rick Draper
29-10-03, 05:47 PM
dan stop acting like your aviator(pic of bart) you know chrome is metal?? you know metal weighs loads??? you know chroming and colour coding the underside of your car is gay?? ok big subs amps and stuff = nice music in ya car ok ........ all that bollox your doing=waste of money you dummy spend2k on a valver ok i can dig that even on ice people can follow that but if it rains we will still be showig off our installs and stuff you will be at home jerking off you spend all that money makin it look cool underneith your car when only the road is gonna benifit and what goods that (roads cant talk) i think your mad thats just me but my opinion dont count its your car pal just dont involve me in your beefs again you post that ya gonna do these mods=you value other peeps opinions?????

I think you suck Donkey dick. Rick

Stuart
29-10-03, 05:50 PM
umm sounds cool, but wont the chrome crack off the springs as chrome isnt the most flexible things in the world.

less is more, ie less ice/seats/creature comforts (excpet when it comes to an omega :p )

karl Rowntree
29-10-03, 06:13 PM
Its getting like bloody MIG on here! :lol:

Ben
29-10-03, 06:23 PM
lol

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and i dont think anyone will begrudge them that.

The thing that is most annoying is people just randomly posting slagging others off without any opinions of there own, just trying to make people look stupid, when in reality they just make people think they are the idiot.

karl Rowntree
29-10-03, 06:28 PM
Well said ben, is good to get a variety of opinions. :wink:

The world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

Tilly
29-10-03, 06:29 PM
Can i paint mine PINK?????????

Tilly
29-10-03, 06:31 PM
my underside that was and when the other nova is ready im want these tyres

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=2412

but wont be driving the car incase they get dirty

Ste_Nova
29-10-03, 07:00 PM
The thing that is most annoying is people just randomly posting slagging others off without any opinions of there own, just trying to make people look stupid

ffs! you can't comment... from what i hear your in the floor painting gang too

dan16v
29-10-03, 10:46 PM

:lol: :lol: so when its raining ur still be showing off your subs and amp? ROLMFAO DO YOU HAVE A WATER PROOF INSTALL THEN?! :lol: :lol:

and what makes you think i spend all my money on my car? its costing me ?40 to colour code underneith the car :lol:

as for chrome its looks quality and when you dont need your car every day then you can do those things as you dont need to worrie bout it getting rained on etc, and thats why i got the sri as a run around!

and as for me dissing TWAG it is all a wind up! hes my m8 and were having a slagging laugh! and laughing at you at the same time! :lol:

if my cars so tacky and rubbish why dont you post up some pics on this thread of your car and *water proof install* and were decide whos wed rather own :roll:

rant over :twisted:

Ben
29-10-03, 11:38 PM
The thing that is most annoying is people just randomly posting slagging others off without any opinions of there own, just trying to make people look stupid

ffs! you can't comment... from what i hear your in the floor painting gang too

Ste, re read both those posts, neither say anything bad about Dan painting any part of his car, quite the opposite in fact.

TWAG
29-10-03, 11:39 PM

I think you suck Donkey dick. Rick

LOL someones hit a touchy spot :lol:

karl Rowntree
29-10-03, 11:53 PM
Ste, think you need to go back to school mate :lol: Like i have said before read the words.

Sounds like your going to be one of the 'in' gang anyway with your trailer'd show vehicle! :wink:

TWAG
30-10-03, 12:07 AM
This site makes me laugth, its supposed to be here for people to chat about there cars, get apinions and get help on probs they have.

But to be honest the more i read the more it all seems a load of bull!
Theres to many pep who think that what they do is how every one should do...... Every one has there own taste, which alot of people may disagre with but that doesnt make it right to slag them in to the ground.

Just cos you may want to spend all your cash on a engine, dont mea hat someone else "sucks donkey dock" if he wants to spend his money on a sound system or bodywork, and vica verca

I think some pep on this site need to come down of there high horse.

I get fed up of reading posts like this one which asks for apinions and just ends up in one big slaging match between pep. Let pep have there apinions and respect them, or in future dont bother asking for them!

Rant over!

p.s. im not directing this at you dan it is a general rant

dave.gsi
30-10-03, 12:36 AM
I think some pep on this site need to come down of there high horse

i'd agree with that

Rick Draper
30-10-03, 12:51 AM
lol

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and i dont think anyone will begrudge them that.

The thing that is most annoying is people just randomly posting slagging others off without any opinions of there own, just trying to make people look stupid, when in reality they just make people think they are the idiot.

First of all Ben eat shit.

Now XZiBiT if you dont like what Dan is doing to his car dont post, its up to him to do it not to you to say fuck doing that fit subs and ICE. If he chooses to do that its up to Him.

Novaload is recently turning into a right place full of people who think they are someone and people who wanna be important, there is more infighting than at the anual PNG show :lol:

Rick

Ste_Nova
30-10-03, 09:24 AM
there is more infighting than at the anual PNG show :lol:

like fuck there is!!

Ben
30-10-03, 10:53 AM
lol

First of all Ben eat s**t.

Very profound.

I hope you dont talk to people like that when serving them with a hot towel after take off.

Rick you seem to be very paranoid lately, perhaps its because you are a jumped up little prick with an oversized ego who has to much to say?

Tilly
30-10-03, 10:57 AM
HERE HERE

Trolley Dolley

Will F
30-10-03, 11:08 AM
Awesome! Truly awesome!

Keep up the good work Ben.