PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! With Heaters!!

matto
23-10-03, 11:55 AM
My car is curently blowing out cold air. Its now getting very cold and peeing me off!
I checked the heater dial control and the cables seemed fined, so i decided to change the matrix. However, after getting the matrix out and swopping it over, there is still no heat from the heaters.
When i got the old matrix out it was warm, possibly still had coolant in. But i have checked the new one whilst it is in and it is stone cold. Does the matrix need to be hot to work?

I reckon the original problem may of now been somefine to do with the mixer flap?

Any ideas folks!?

Cheers, Matt

Dicko
23-10-03, 12:18 PM
who did you 16v conversion? i know some people bend the matrix pipes, maybe done some damage?

Barn
23-10-03, 12:39 PM
sounds a bit complicated ! :( same with my SR (no 16V conversion tho I'm afraid,lol) it only blows out cold air.

where do I check first?

Aragorn
23-10-03, 04:45 PM
sounds like an airlock now - did u bleed the coolant system after installing it?

the matrix should be hot once the car has heated up - it runs of the engine coolant...

if not its prolly full of air which aint good :/

if its heating up (u should barely be able to touch it) and u aint getting hot air then either the cables are buggered or theres some internal fault within the air distribution housing like a broken flap

u should be able to hear the air slow down when u turn it to hot because of the extra resistance the matrix adds to the flow

AW3K
26-10-03, 11:32 PM
Like Aragorn says it sounds like an air lock

Mite be obvious this but which vents are you chacking?

Centre are cold only
sides hot and cold

AW3K