ok quick one how much would al this cost at a body shop
smoothing of bumpers
smoothing of bonet vents
flush tailgate
removing bubble rust on rear arches
just after a rough price

blingmachine
23-10-03, 12:58 PM
i would say about 200, you should give turismo styling a ring as there based in essex, take a look at my car for an example of there work

pickle
23-10-03, 01:27 PM
id say atleast 400 coz u have to get it sprayed too and the colours willhae to match up. u could smooth the bumpers and bonnet vent yourself, save some wonga!

XZiBiT
23-10-03, 02:41 PM
started to smooth the font hard work tho got it smooth jus gotta get the little niggles out now fil then rub fill then rub touch of paint then rub bit more filler then rub thas how far ive gone so far but its gonna look trick as f"#k

Paul
23-10-03, 04:45 PM
NO WAY ?200 and NO WAY ?400

Flushed tailgate will be around about ?250-350 for a decently priced good job, smoothing of vents, if theyve got to be fitted, your looking at ?100,
The bubble rust, depending how bad it is form 40-200 if a new rear arch skin has to be welded on, and bubble rust can be that extensive.

Finnaly smoothing front bumpers, as you've found out it is hard work and takes a long time to get right, so your looking again around ?50.

That alone is ?420 minimum, maximum of ?680,

In that you will probably find a bit of discount because of the bulk so say 3350 for the work, now add spraying for: whole boot, whole bonnet, front bumper rear arch, ?80 a panel say, and thats already ?320 minus discount again, ur realistically looking in the region of ?600+ i would say for a decent job.

blingmachine
23-10-03, 07:01 PM
no one ever mentioned the cost of spraying aswell :evil:

it cost me 250 to have my bodykit fitted, vent smothed in, arches and doors sorted for rust, mirrors fitted, de-locked/indicatored

XZiBiT
24-10-03, 09:51 AM
ok cool thanx for the advice guys gonna smooth it all myself sort the rust prep the car the best i can before the bodyshop spray it