PDA

View Full Version : Best start saving my pennys now........

Jules
23-10-03, 06:57 AM
A quick copy n paste from a VSCC news email......

NEW VAUXHALL THUNDERS IN FROM DOWN UNDER

Vauxhall today confirmed it will introduce a true rear wheel drive muscle car for car enthusiast, like Vauxhall Sports Car Club members ? the Monaro.

The new Vauxhall Monaro will be available from the spring of 2004 powered by a 5.7 litre V8 engine developing 328bhp and 347lbs/ft of torque. This stylish full sized four-seater coupe will accelerate to 60mph in just over six seconds and reach a top speed in excess of 160mph.

The Monaro was launched in Australia in 2001 and Vauxhall has decided to bring this iconic coupe to car enthusiasts in the UK, but only in a limited number of 300 per year.

The car will be sold in the UK with a comprehensive specification including leather eight-way electric seats, 18 inch alloy wheels, full sized driver, passenger and side airbags, electronic climate control and six-disc autochanger.

There are two driver aids to handle the considerable power and torque. A traction control system ? with an off switch ? and the accelerator.

The Vauxhall Monaro will start from approx ?28,500 and offer more power per pound than any car on the UK roads.

Kevin Wale, Vauxhall manager director, said: ?The Vauxhall Monaro is a great car for the real enthusiast. The Monaro is an icon in Australia and I am sure the UK car enthusiasts will thoroughly enjoy it. This also demonstrates GM?s ability to bring the best of its products to fill niches in other markets.?

We will bring you more details as they are released.

Dpnova
23-10-03, 08:52 AM
Its such a nice car :D

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=2303

Dare-devil
23-10-03, 09:22 AM
SWEET.... :twisted:

jkhilton
23-10-03, 09:52 AM
looks like a rounded off vectra in that picture.

Dare-devil
23-10-03, 10:04 AM
It looks more like an F**d Mustang..

Nova-Flair
23-10-03, 12:04 PM
wish i had ?28k :(

Dpnova
23-10-03, 12:08 PM
Here's a link to a website with it on, i love this car

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/previews/previews_story.php?id=32846

peester
23-10-03, 10:02 PM
strewth mate!! is this the first boner vaux since the lotus carlton? na - really is looking good. read some early tests they pitched a 4.0 V8 one against M3 (the daddy GT) and it didn't do bad. they said it wasn't as good a drive as the BM but its like 400 million quid cheaper. at the end of the day i think the 5.0 top bruiser is still cheaper than M3 so get that then piss M3 owners off till the cows come home with a roaring V8 muscle. puny straight 6...my arse. wheres the guy who works at PVD? ask him if the boss @ PVD is getting one -sure he's rich enough.

Jim
23-10-03, 10:17 PM
If you follow that link and click on more pictures, there is a picture of it from the back. I think theres a fog light dangling down from the rear bumper on the right hand side. I hope they don't keep that there, it spoils what is no doubt a lovely looking car, and a vauxhall aswell :D

Jim

jkhilton
25-10-03, 09:08 AM
I'm not keen on that car, it looks like a mix of MG and vectra parts all rounded off a a little. plus for 28k there are a lot of other nice cars out there aswell.