PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjustment ?

Barn
23-10-03, 12:38 AM
A couple of questions here about headlights....

1. Can I still adjust them when they are on the car (just incase)?

- i no there is obviously a little adjuster on the dash but how do i no if both lights are the same height, before I fit them?one could be pointin up and the other could be pointin down or something! Don't wunna have to re-fit them.

2. What is the easiest way to fit them properly?

3. How easy are the white clips (that fit on the bottom) to get hold of?

cheers

Jules
23-10-03, 07:53 AM
1) I'm assuming you have the electric adjustable ones, when fitting the motors ensure that both the rods are fully 'out' (I think - maybe it's 'in'?) then snap the fully in to place (A click will be heard if done correctly).
To adjust the aim of the beam then you can turn the knobs on the back of the headlamp (there should be 2).

2) Read above.

3) Quite easy, a trip to your local friendly Vauxhall dealer parts department should solve it.

Barn
23-10-03, 12:27 PM
yeh sorry, they are Mk2 headlamps so I think they are leccy adjustable. what do u mean by 'snap the fully' mate. I'm a bit of a novice @ the mo !

:+:

Aragorn
23-10-03, 04:48 PM
if one is up and one is down they will adjust themselves to whatever the dial is set at as soon as u power em up

shove em in and take it to an MOT station to get em aligned properly

nothing worse that cunts driving along with their lights pointing into the sky/my windscreen :@

Stuart
23-10-03, 04:57 PM
on the back of the headlights there are two screw adjusters (which adjust the general alignment before the electric bit even effects it)

many snap off so im told, but your mot blokey should do it for you :)

dave.gsi
23-10-03, 11:04 PM
nothing worse that c**t driving along with their lights pointing into the sky/my windscreen :@

lmao, thats me :lol:

my left is waaay too high and my right points almost vertically down

payback time for the fuckers with xenon lights :twisted: :lol: