its ste isnt it??? thats sum crazy sh!t he would do lol

Jim
22-10-03, 10:04 PM
its ste isnt it??? thats sum crazy sh!t he would do lol

Nope. It's not Ste.

Jim

Nova-Flair
22-10-03, 10:17 PM
yeah i guessed when i looked at the location but its still something that crazy sod wud do lol

is it a novaload members car??? or r we just saying its something one of us lot would do?

Chris_W
22-10-03, 10:38 PM
Still their putting the wrong engine in, should have the turbo lump, would make better use of the NOS. There's no way on this planet that his spent ?25K on that though!
I know that ?30K and the right scooby engine looks like in a beetle, oh and the small matter of 800bhp......

Chris

Tilly
22-10-03, 10:53 PM
said from the person in question :D

Dave
22-10-03, 11:08 PM
i know that car that's gin!
i've spent many a weekend at santa pod with him an that car!
most of the money is on respray's think it's had 2 in the last 5 years.
turbo engine was gonna be next but he's selling it to start another project :D

?Marty?
23-10-03, 12:57 AM
I seriously dislike the colour. But the car's pretty cool.

When people say ''?25,000 (or whatever it is) spent" it usually means IN TOTAL i.e. they count every penny they have spent on the car while it was under their ownership - repairs and every change of wheels/tyres and etc included.

Doesn't mean that ''it comes with ?25,000 worth of kit''.

Dare-devil
23-10-03, 09:13 AM
AWESOME Beetle... But would look more mental in matt black, and polished centerline rims.. :twisted:

Chris_W
23-10-03, 09:37 AM
Marty,
He'd still be going some, as the parts involved in that conversion cost peanuts, the most expensive part is probably the Zex NOS system, and thats only about ?600. I know how much my car is costing, and how much my mates has cost, his is a drag car, and his car had a full tube chassis, and it didn't cost ?25K, so I'm really struggling to see where the money has gone.

Chris

Dave
23-10-03, 02:25 PM
zex kit was ?650 imported from america ages ago
conversion plate came from from germany
the g'box was made specially for him
the roll cage came from down the road at sd
has had a couple of engines, uprated brakes, a custom exhaust, an the 2 paint jobs it soon adds up chris

XZiBiT
23-10-03, 03:19 PM
leather covered alloy seats ouch!!!

dan_mk1
23-10-03, 03:22 PM
that colour is vile

Dpnova
23-10-03, 03:25 PM
I agree the colour looks rank, but it would be good to spank some super cars in it :o

Chris_W
23-10-03, 03:28 PM
Well it depends where your parts come from I guess. I can get that NOS kit for well under ?600, I wouldn't use an SD cage as their cheap and not drag legal, and my race gearbox only cost me ?1K, so as you say, yes it adds up, but if you shop around you really wouldn't spend much. I'm having a shit load of custom work done on mine, weld in cage, straight bar steering and alot more besides, and thats only costing me a few grand, and the quality is spot on. As for the engines and adapter plates, well my friend has had work done at AMR, and their adapters aren't a patch on the quality of the American made kennedy plate that my friend now runs, and the N/A scooby engines are cheap as chips, the turbo one with all the bits and bobs is only ?1500, so I wouldn't pay more than ?600 for a 2.2 or 2.5 N/A lump. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think.

Chris

Dave
24-10-03, 11:04 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think.
Chris
ok 8)
agreed that Andy at AMR is a big eared monkey though! :lol: