PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to matt finary and his mad nova?

Will
22-10-03, 01:56 PM
as topic really, older members will know who im on abt, he just disapeared, was the nova ever real??

:P

dave.gsi
22-10-03, 01:59 PM
lmao, i never believed him from the start. last i heard his so called 'flying machine' had been crashed in to by a jcb or something :lol:

Alex
22-10-03, 02:39 PM
fork lift truck IIRC

dave.gsi
22-10-03, 02:40 PM
lmao :lol:

Tilly
22-10-03, 07:03 PM
dont think he comes online much hes on my msn neva on

Nova-Flair
22-10-03, 10:02 PM
i was gonna post the same thing a while back but forgot about it. he neva does come online tho aint seem him in a while.

shame really i was looking forward to seeing that

Dave
22-10-03, 11:13 PM
last i can remember it was 95% done then it got hit by a forklift where he worked an he was rebuilding it :roll:

Anton
22-10-03, 11:33 PM
it got hit by a fork lift.

i remember the 'bomex bumper'

he did come on msn a few months back, wasn't on for long tho

?Marty?
23-10-03, 12:51 AM
Maybe real, maybe not.

No one even saw work in progress pics of it tho.

The 'Bomex bumper' (not actually a bomex one tho) was a photoshopped version. He was supposed to be selling copies of a mould he was supposed to take of it once it was cut 'n' shut and modified to fit the Nova to people. Was taking orders in advance, for February or something. Did anyone actualy buy it!? I remember there was a LOT of interest in it, and he was going to limit the number to 8 pieces.

Interesting ideas neverless.

Dare-devil
23-10-03, 09:10 AM
Does any 1 have a pics of his Nova with that bumper on..????

Jules
23-10-03, 09:49 AM
Maybe real, maybe not.

No one even saw work in progress pics of it tho.

I guess that means 'no'
:roll:

Dare-devil
23-10-03, 10:03 AM
The 'Bomex bumper' (not actually a bomex one tho) was a photoshopped version. .

But where has then seen that Bumper..???

Phil GTE
23-10-03, 01:02 PM
I was first to put my name down

never heard any thing this side of 2002. Although some one on RB spoke to him a month or so ago to buy his R5 Nova arches

With a picture of them as proof

wisewood
23-10-03, 03:36 PM
IIRC the R5 arches he made he did take a pic of but they never went on the car as he changed his mind about them.

Like i said to Will the other day - someone working here knows him and confirmed the story of it being mangled by a forklift truck ripping its forks through the car including the engine block. Must have hit it at some speed to do that damage though. I never prompted the guy to tell me all this info, he just noticed i was into nova's and started talking about this lad he knew called Matt who spent months modifying one really nicely only to have it scrapped.

Phil GTE
23-10-03, 03:59 PM
there was only ever a picture of one arch compleated, but i know he had changed his mind about fitting them

Rick Draper
23-10-03, 04:00 PM
Any here is a couple of quid m8 see how fast you can crash that forklift into my nova gen. Rick

djp_y2k
24-10-03, 01:51 PM
Cant see why you would lie about it. IT always seemed above board even though no pictures were never posted.

Would of really liked to have seen it though, as it looked wicked (unless it was K in disguise coz he is building a soft top :?: :?: ) or maybe not :lol:

wisewood
24-10-03, 01:54 PM
according to the guy i work with it was shown at something to do with max power just before it was mangled by the FLT, so ther emay be a pic of it somewhere.

djp_y2k
24-10-03, 02:03 PM
I will enqurie and see what pops up

olly55
24-10-03, 04:12 PM
K aint bulding a soft top hes still having a roof hust mental rear end

djp_y2k
24-10-03, 06:15 PM
K aint bulding a soft top hes still having a roof hust mental rear end

Sorry, from the pic I saw it looked like the roof had been chopped off.