PDA

View Full Version : Waxoil

Adam Moran
22-10-03, 09:24 AM
Ok, Im just about to start on the underneath of my car and is want to paint all the metal with black paint then waxoil it. My questions are:

1: Can i leave the rear beam painted black? If yes what paint is best

2: Is it cheaper/easyier to get someone else to waxoil the underneath of the car as i really dont fancy lieing on my back doing it!

3: What paint is best to use?

Cheers

Ad

Dicko
22-10-03, 09:51 AM
best using hammerite as it protects from rust and its pretty strong. gonna use that on mine :)

just make sure its completely dry b4 u put paint/waxoil on or itl rot even more

Adam Moran
22-10-03, 09:55 AM
Thats Mike,

Will a bodyshop be able to do the waxoiling for me??

Ad

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 09:58 AM
there is no need to waxoil the whole underneath... just attend to the areas where the factory underseal is broken.. waxoil is good for heating up and pouring into sills etc

Dicko
22-10-03, 10:10 AM
i hate the factory stuff, sets on fire when u wave a welder near it :evil:

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 10:39 AM
i hate the factory stuff, sets on fire when u wave a welder near it :evil:

lol thats why i've taken it all off!!

Dicko
22-10-03, 11:32 AM
i wirebrushed the area i ws working on, it still cuaght fire from 4-5 inches away, lol (underneath the fuel pipes , whoops)

geordie_racer
22-10-03, 12:17 PM
best thing to underseal cars with is old engine oil especially diesal stuff

chris

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 12:59 PM
best thing to underseal cars with is old engine oil especially diesal stuff

chris

yeh look really nice on my show car :roll:

geordie_racer
22-10-03, 01:03 PM
er most shows cars ive seen or worked on have had it done it has a similer effect to covering the undersides in fiberglass as it goes rock solid and protects from stone chips and other damage and keeps rust at bay and helps stop salt corrosion

chris

Barn
22-10-03, 01:30 PM
Would someone be able to explain how they are going to waxoil their car?

I've just spend a fair wack gettin new sills etc welded on so wuna keep them mint for as long as poss

How do I get the stuff into my sills etc

cheers guys :+:

Dicko
22-10-03, 02:06 PM
i think if take out the plastic covers to the side of your footwell under the dash u can pout the stuff down there? im only guessing thiugh :?

courtenaynova
22-10-03, 02:12 PM
well, I had my rear disc beam powder coated. Gets in all the fiddly bits and looks mint in black gloss...but then again..hammerite looks nice as well :wink:

Or 2 pack paint SPRAYED not brushed on.

It depends really how much you wanna spend and how much time you have got.

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 04:02 PM
i think if take out the plastic covers to the side of your footwell under the dash u can pout the stuff down there? im only guessing thiugh :?

and in behind the rear 1/4 cards... and pour some into the rear arches whill ur there.... remeber to heat it up by putting the can in a bucket of hot water

Will
22-10-03, 04:09 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: looking 4ward to attacking my car now, lmfao