PDA

View Full Version : I need Kevlar panels!!!!!

BigRuss
21-10-03, 10:04 PM
Well Guys + Girls Pembrey didn't go as planned. I rolled the revver on Stage 2 :( . The gear stick came apart as I was coming into a hairpin and I was stuck in Neutral, no drive to pull Me around it :cry:

Not all bad news though, it was not a major one just a gentle roll into soft mud. I need a pair of wings, a headlight, a bumper and a roof skin + some repairs here and there. My fibreglass bonnet and tailgate are not even marked and all pillars aren't either.

I am probably going to use this as an excuse to get the car as light as possible, Where can I get Kevlar doors, wings and a roof panel from?

A big hello to Cambridge who came down there the w/end, don't know if You saw Me going at all but Hey there's always the next Pembrey anyway. :twisted:

CP
21-10-03, 10:33 PM
Thats the way m8 - any accident should be looked upon as a good excuse for more modding!

It must be well annoying tho' that something like a gear stick problem could cause a roll.

Better luck next time.

As regds panels and stuff - i spose you know of Motorsport direct and Pro- tec motorsport? They'd prolly know where you can get stuff. Otherwise the only other thing is going for a wide arch kit?
Gets a bit pricey dont it? :(

BigRuss
21-10-03, 10:33 PM
How do I put photo's of the car as it is now on to this post?[/swf]

finlay
22-10-03, 01:47 PM
i think colin smith was selling Kevlar doors.

elliot.

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 02:04 PM
roof looks ok just filler it...

for the front you should have cut back more of the front panel

BigRuss
22-10-03, 08:20 PM
How do You know what it looks like?

dave.gsi
22-10-03, 09:09 PM
spy cam..................................

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=2288

BigRuss
22-10-03, 09:59 PM
So how come You guys didn't say Hi?

BigRuss
22-10-03, 10:09 PM
Anybody got any action shots? How was She sounding/looking, before the roll obviously :cry:

Jim
22-10-03, 10:23 PM
Doh @ rolling. Good to know the roll cage works though :)

Jim

BigRuss
22-10-03, 10:31 PM
Yeah Doh indeed!!!!

As I said at the start of this thread it was only a gentle roll as the photo shows(Just realised that CorsaNova took it, Sneeky). It is only panel damage and a bent rear beam, I'll be back real soon :twisted:

Anyway I've spoken to Alan at Pro-tec and Colin Smith and neither can get any Kevlar bits, I won't deal with Iain at Motorsport direct as He is a complete Muppet.

Any other suggestions for Panels?

Stuart
23-10-03, 04:49 PM
make them yourself ;) lol

i saw you at one of the wide hairpns. she was going nicely and shaming a few :)

BigRuss
23-10-03, 10:52 PM
I found a supplier for Kevlar doors today, ?145 each but with a 6week delivery date :o

Also found a company who do roof skin's, Kevlar at ?170+vat or fibreglass at ?90+vat. Can't find anybody who does Std front wings in Kevlar only wide arch ones which I don't want. Probably just end up with steel ones :(

I'll keep You informed!

Stuart
23-10-03, 10:54 PM
get steel ones and acid bathe them to remove a few microns lol

Alex
23-10-03, 11:01 PM
and and speed holes

BigRuss
23-10-03, 11:03 PM
I don't think I need to go to that extreme Cambridge :roll:

The strip down/rebuild begins Monday. Richard's (My Navigator) back, neck and testicles have almost recovered now so He should be ok to help out Monday morning :lol:

Ian
23-10-03, 11:04 PM
speak to dave at BAT on 01517098585 he has kevlar ones on his corsa and could possibly mould you some normal ones?

BigRuss
23-10-03, 11:10 PM
Cheers Ian, I'll ring him in the morning.