PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a system made by Tony Law?

karl Rowntree
21-10-03, 07:32 PM
Just trying to decide where to get a new system made, will probably get it done by JP after Ricks recommendation.

Jules mentioned Tony Law, he said Ben had a system made by him. Whats the quality like mate?

Anyone have a phone number for Tony Law?

Jim
21-10-03, 08:22 PM
Karl,

theres a place in Buckingham called "Exhaust By Design" They came very highly recommended to me. I've not experienced their work first hand, but probably will do once my car is out of the bodyshop. Might be worth giving them a call so you can compare prices to JP.

Jim

Stuart
21-10-03, 09:01 PM
i belive "bigruss" has a tony law manifold for his rally 1.6, appart from bowyer manifolds there isnt much better (from what ive heard)

BigRuss
21-10-03, 09:47 PM
Yeah, Cambridge is right. I've got a Tony law system on My car, the quality on the manifold is second to none. I would def recommend them to anyone, Tony law don't stock stuff they make them to order. All manifolds and systems are hand made and are the business.

Mark
21-10-03, 09:49 PM
Where in the country is Tony Law?

karl Rowntree
21-10-03, 10:20 PM
Cheers for the replys guys.

Any contact details for the companys mentioned?

MattNovaSport
22-10-03, 07:52 AM
I got a Tony Law on my 1.3 Nova Sport. Very good exhausts you cannot beat the sound that they make. This is now the 2nd I have had made and very very happy with the quality have not blown one yet anyway.

Jules
22-10-03, 08:02 AM
Send _Ben_ a PM (He doen't post often but he's put a message in the 'LSD' thread).
His car is Gary Hopes old green valver and as far as I know it has a Tony Law system.

One quick Google search later....
"Tony Law Exhausts Tel: 0113-271 5422 "

HTH?

Jules
22-10-03, 08:03 AM
Oh I forgot to add, It's in Leeds it would seem.

Mark
22-10-03, 08:39 AM
Excellent work Jules!

LregNovagsi
22-10-03, 10:05 AM
Has anyone seen Gary Hopes old nova since he sold it? Don't think i've seen it any shows and just wondered if it's changed at all?

Ste_Nova
22-10-03, 10:38 AM
Has anyone seen Gary Hopes old nova since he sold it? Don't think i've seen it any shows and just wondered if it's changed at all?

no seen it since a york event back in 2001....

Jules
22-10-03, 05:11 PM
_Ben_ has seen it as he now owns it.

But here's a couple of pictures of it:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Ben%20Rear.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Ben%20Engine.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/julian.sumner/Ben%20Rear2.jpg

krobinson
22-10-03, 05:24 PM
That is feckin beautiful!

Love them wheels! and that exhaust is HUGE, yet suits the car so well!

Keith

karl Rowntree
22-10-03, 07:17 PM
Asked Nick Caro and he said it is a tony law system on Bens nova. Look forward to seeing that car next year maybe, its been a while.

Jules cheers for the number mate, should of used my brain and done a search! Still new to this internet thingy.

Phoned JP exhausts today, quoted ?280 plus VAT. Good price plus quite a few people have praised them. Will phone tony law tomorrow though.

Cheers guys

Jules
23-10-03, 06:59 AM
Not a problem, I try to help where I can (Which isn't very often!!)
:wink:

RJM25R
23-10-03, 09:12 AM
Quck comment on Ben's nova (gary hopes old car) Gary spent in excess of ?26000 on this car, and apart from the colour of the wheels (I just don't like gold wheels on ANY car! My taste!) i would not change a thing if it was mine! Gary spent 8,000 on the ENGINE alone!!!!

It is a minter and Ben if you are reading this, you are a very lucky chap!

karl Rowntree
23-10-03, 06:32 PM
Decided to get the exhaust done at JP. Phoned Tony Law today and can only think they dont want any buisness.

The guy i spoke to said 5 words in the whole conversation. I explained where i live and what i wanted to have done and his answer was "need the car" Not even a bench mark total cost.

Wouldnt mind but i have the money to spend, would just like to be spoken to with a bit of respect!

Never mind anyway, time to get it booked in.

Ben
23-10-03, 07:16 PM
I had a similar thing with a company in Devon Called Double S exhausts, they custom make stainless steel exhausts for people.

We were delivering them some stuff and i was asking the guy taking the delivery about what they do and he just said "pah we wont touch any Vauxhall's, let alone a Nova. All our customers are prestige cars"

I just walked away.

Mark
23-10-03, 10:24 PM
Tossers!

BigRuss
23-10-03, 10:43 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

Tilly
23-10-03, 11:51 PM
That valver is lovely