PDA

View Full Version : 16v help!!

smooth16v
21-10-03, 06:28 PM
i have now come back to finishing off my 2l 16v conversion i have been in the middle of moving house and lost interest!! now back on my feet and want to get it running!! ive only got a few probs to sort out just need to wire it up and connect the fuel lines and this is wee i need a bit of advice!! what sort of wires should i use to wire it up?? and do i need to change one of my fuel lines because there is a small one and a large one and only the large one connects up!! and i cant get a water pipe to fit on the rear heater matrix pipe the one behind the manifold what water pipe should i use?

if anyone could help me cos i just want it running!!

cheers lads

smooth16v
23-10-03, 05:04 PM
can anyone help?

Aragorn
23-10-03, 05:11 PM
ok i can answer some of this

u will need to replace your carb fuel lines with the copper ones off a gte or nylon ones off a nova 1.2i, astra, vectra etc

if u aint got a GTE fuel tank i'd seriously suggest getting one as running it from a carb tank is crap (im doin it)

for the cabling just try to match the thicknesses - if its 16 guage wire dont splice it onto 24 guage or you'll be setting things on fire - if u goto maplin and get some heavy duty speaker wire that should do for most of the connections - the main ecu power and fuel pump might need thicker stuff tho

no idea on the water pipe - maybe a nova gte one will fit?