PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get an exhaust system made???

karl Rowntree
20-10-03, 10:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent place that can make up a custom system?

Ive recently put an SBD manifold on and had to do a bit of a bodge on the old magnex system to get it to fit. So after a proper system now to match the manifold.

Any ideas? i dont mind travelling as long as its going to be good.

Only place so far i have thought of is blue flame, think its in manchester. Andy b had his turbo exhaust done there.

Many thanks. karl

allister w
20-10-03, 10:44 PM
try tony law exhausts think hes in leeds he builds handmade competion systems for works rally/race cars and there a work of art but they aint cheap and he needs the cars as it is made to your car

Rick Draper
20-10-03, 10:47 PM
Karl go to JP exhausts in Macclesfield 01625619916 they have madeloads of nova exhausts like, mine, beasties, nick caros, howels old car, bretts, Joffs etc. They are very good, ask to speak to Big Rick and say the magic cash word and they would sort you out. Rick

dan_mk1
20-10-03, 10:49 PM
powerflow do custom exhausts mate, supposed to be very good quality, ill try and get you a number/site for them

dan_mk1
20-10-03, 10:50 PM
had to do a bit of a bodge on the old magnex system to get it to fit

:? :?:

karl Rowntree
20-10-03, 10:57 PM
Cheers guys for the suggestions, dont suppose you have the phone numbers for those companies do you?

Any idea rick on a average cost for manifold back?

As for the mods i had to do on the current GSI system, had to make a pipe up and cut one of the silencers out so i could mate it to the new manifold. Never been happy with it.

Thanks again :)

Rick Draper
20-10-03, 10:58 PM
Also Karl i forgot to mention JP make exhaust sections for TVR and Lotus from what i am lead to believe. They had a Ferrari F40 in a few months back making a manifold for it! Rick

karl Rowntree
20-10-03, 11:06 PM
SOLD! If its good enough for a ferrari its good enough for the nova!

Thats what im after mate, a quality system made to the car. And if you guys have been its good to know im going to get a quality job.

Got the number handy mate? doesnt matter if not.

Cheers for your time mate.

Jules
20-10-03, 11:50 PM
Nick Caro was raving to me about JP exhausts at Billing this year, he seemed well chuffed with them. Also ask _Ben_ what Tony Law are like, as I believe his valver has one on.

Rick Draper
20-10-03, 11:59 PM
Karl mine was ?320 cash i think for a manifold back job with a flexy joint, was about 2 years ago now. There number is in my top post

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/ There is there web site, they have just moved to a new bigger premises as well. Rick

Austin_Nova16
21-10-03, 10:56 AM
BTB are probably the best, but you have to pay big ?? for a system. I'm sure they make the the SBD manifolds for them....

karl Rowntree
21-10-03, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys for all your comments, going to ring round the companys mentioned and get a few quotes.

Karl.

locky
21-10-03, 11:39 PM
Longlife exhausts in cardiff are good, im sure theres other longlife places around the country
( www.exhaustsuk.com) or something like that! could have a - between exhausts and uk!
they do a lifetime guarantee! and their work is good, and stainless steel BTW!