PDA

View Full Version : central locking motor

so1o
20-10-03, 03:43 PM
i think i have finally figured out what the hells wrong with my central locking, the pasenger motor might be knackered, anyone know if a cavalier gsi one would fit or can replace my old one, are they the same or different?

thanks

Ste_Nova
20-10-03, 03:50 PM
yup cav one will fit

so1o
20-10-03, 03:54 PM
nice one mate

so1o
20-10-03, 05:57 PM
ok its not the motor, when i push the drivers door lock up or down i hear a clicking sound coming from the relay but nowt happens at the other side when the pasenger door lock is pushed up/down nothing, something wrong with wiring somewhere?

ade
20-10-03, 11:29 PM
you know the drivers door is a switch only and not a solenoid so if you think closing the passenger door lock will lock the drivers one it wont.

The standard central locking works by turnng the key which closes the drivers door and trips the relay that closes the solenoid of the passenger door.

If the solenoid isnt firing when you push the drivers doow down wither the wiring from the relay to the passenger door is broken or the solenoid is busted.

If youve changed the solenoid check wiring. Put it across a 12v battery and see that is closes and opens.

so1o
20-10-03, 11:58 PM
lmao, ade u been chatting to my bro?just had a lenghty argument with him about that lol, he said exactly the same thing you did but i was saying otherwise lol to wind him up, so closing the lock on drivers door should lock passenger door, should the relay make a clicking sound when drivers door is locked?if that correct it works from there so theres a problem from where the connection is to the relay that goes along to the passenger door, i will check everything from that point, i reckon it has to be a wiring problem somewhere.

thanks for the help

AW3K
22-10-03, 11:29 PM
check where the wires are held to the door, as the metal clips can rub through the insulation tape, therfore causing a short.

Just an idea

AW3K

so1o
22-10-03, 11:42 PM
cheers guys for all the help