PDA

View Full Version : FAo: ANYONE WHO CAN READ

Dave
19-10-03, 09:54 PM
:evil: My rover has been nicked :lol:
no seriously someone has stolen my rover it's a white 214si
last seen on my drive in Soham (Cambs) at 12.00 saturday night was gone at 07.30 sunday morning it had a 1/2 tank of fuel so could be anywhere the reg is J252 OKJ am not holding out loads of hope of recovering it un burnt but is you've seen it please let me know!

Alex
19-10-03, 09:56 PM
sorry to hear that dave mate :(

Anton
19-10-03, 10:11 PM
ouch unlucky mate

Mark
19-10-03, 11:49 PM
Bugger :!:

Ben
19-10-03, 11:52 PM
Any Security on it?

I would have a drive round looking for it, most cars like these get pinched to get people home after the pub and not for joyriding.

Dare-devil
20-10-03, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear that m8.

Dave
20-10-03, 09:42 AM
had a drive about in me mates car during sunday to all the known dump an burn sites, saw 3 burnt out rovers but none of them mine, so don't know if someone is targeting rovers or was just unlucky.
had all my stuff in there aswell cd's,tools, golf clubs an me bastid coat which acording to the insurance company i won't get a penny for :o(

Will
20-10-03, 10:52 AM
the stuff inside is the harsh part as for the rovaaaaa its only a 50 dollar runer, get another one, pmsl, sorry to hear that man at least it wasnt the slowva ;)

DUNOVA.
20-10-03, 11:03 AM
Unlucky mate

Dave
20-10-03, 11:32 AM
they wouldn't have got very far in the nova it's locked in the warehouse with no engine or doors. lmao
probably gonna have a look about for another one this weekend will loose me ncb, but if i won't get anything back for it is it worth it??

Will
20-10-03, 11:38 AM
look at your excess and decide is it worth it, if ur talking abt a pay out of say ?300 or so it might well be more valuable keeping ur NCB TBH

Dave
20-10-03, 02:28 PM
Has been found burnt out as expected! :(
been on to my insurance company an have been told that i'll loose my ncb of 45% even if i don't accept what ever they offer me, but when i re-insure a car they'll give me 35% ncb does this sound strange to anyone else? the company is cis by the way

Aragorn
20-10-03, 03:18 PM
a lot of companies offer an incentive for switchin to them ie so much nocliams or whatever

prolly same idea..

Ste_Nova
20-10-03, 03:22 PM
Has been found burnt out as expected! :(
been on to my insurance company an have been told that i'll loose my ncb of 45% even if i don't accept what ever they offer me,

wtf? so if u don't claim you still loose your ncd?

Anton
20-10-03, 03:23 PM
damn pikies

Dave
20-10-03, 04:43 PM
wtf? so if u don't claim you still loose your ncd?
that's what i've been told yes that's why i couldn't understand it.
if i don't send the claim form back somehow i still loose the ncb according to the rep.

Will
20-10-03, 05:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

d have never rang my company to tell them TBH if it was a run around.......

when i get a run around im going to insure it TPO cause i if it did get stolen it wudnt be like i sud claim and lose 45% ncb

BTW ur not losing 45% (2 yrs) one "claim" knocks a years ncb off your total so if u claim with 45% 2 yrs when u renew u get 35% (1 year)

if u dont claim thats mad, fuck the rep, ring CIS direct, i dislike CIS even more now, prices are sky high they used to be good, but a load of crap now, only good thing id driving other cars option u get at 17+ etc

Ben
20-10-03, 05:56 PM
saw 3 burnt out rovers but none of them mine, so don't know if someone is targeting rovers or was just unlucky.

Rovers are a piece of piss to steal.

dave.gsi
20-10-03, 09:23 PM
losing your no claims even if you dont claim?

are you sure you heard him right? that sounds dodgy

Dave
21-10-03, 10:05 AM
it was a ?230 run about but at the end of the day it was a good car that had plenty of life left in it an was a good daily drive, not like i can just jump in my nova an go. gotta go to the expence of getting another car replacin all the stuff that was in it an some insurance money would help with that as all the spare cash i had i've spent on the project.
just got to find another cheap 5 dr run about now anyone got any suggestions?

Will
21-10-03, 10:12 AM
D reg pink 1.3 astra BEASSSSSSSSSSST ;)

Barn
21-10-03, 11:44 AM
white_nova - gutted for you mate. Just don't, ffs leave golf clubs etc in there again!

atb

Dave
21-10-03, 01:32 PM
D reg pink 1.3 astra BEASSSSSSSSSSST ;)
thanks will knew i could count on you for a good suggestion lmao!

Will
21-10-03, 03:27 PM
sorry dude:

was the rover a 214? resonable power and cheap to insure / run

get another rover and use a crock lock this time? thats wot id do anyhow.......

ill be driving a gold micra soon no doubt, lmfao

Dave
21-10-03, 03:47 PM
that's alright will!
goin to a salvage yard on saturday mornin to see what damage repairables they got an get meself a bargin if i can.

CP
22-10-03, 12:33 AM
Bad luck m8 - its getting the way that if someone else crashes into/nicks your car you get a double whammy these days. Its just not right :x

The way I look at it there are 2 sorts of insurance these days:
1. TPFT for a run around. The premium you pay is just for the right to be road legal so go for the least cost one. Never make a claim on it cos you'll end up worse off. The insurance peeps will say you must tell us - its illegal not to. Well they can kiss my cruddys - they charge too much and look for everyway not to pay.
2. Fully comp on a good valuable car thats your pride and joy. You pay thru nose but you are at least fully protected.