PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning

NOVASH
19-10-03, 07:18 PM
Didnt know whether to post this in styling or what but never mind.
What do people do to get there faded red paint looking good again (not including a respray coz im not that well off at the mo!)
I did a y-cut 2 day and its really shiney but tsill not as red as i want it...

Jim
19-10-03, 07:26 PM
I did a y-cut 2 day and its really shiney but tsill not as red as i want it...

Maybe you should try T-cut instead :P

Only other thing you can do is get it "mopped". This usually consists of taking it to a bodyshop and asking them to use the cleaning products that they use and also a drill head which looks like a mop to really get to work on the paint. Shouldn't cost too much.

Jim

NOVASH
19-10-03, 07:31 PM
whoops i meant T-cut

privatepie
19-10-03, 08:52 PM
dont try moping it ur self as red is very easy 2 fuck up

Tilly
20-10-03, 01:02 AM
depends
either t-cut, merr, maguires or auto-glym.

remembering t-cut is abrasive

jkhilton
20-10-03, 01:20 AM
on my mr2 I used T-cut and then some colour magic I think it was. That made the paintwork look much better(it was red aswell) then I used auto glym polish to finish off.

John

ade
20-10-03, 11:23 PM
dont like colour majic - fades quickky - temporary and stains whatever it touches - like bumpers!

Depends on how far its faded. Its oxidised over time which takes the pigment out the paint. TBH the only wat you'll really get it back to original is respray however mopping is q good second.

Cost you about ?50

Also - avoid going mad on the t-cut - it removed a thin layer of paint and press too hard or do it too long and the primer will come though - you'll get pinky blotches where its worn too thin).

Combination of t cut and super resin polich works well on a medium speep lambs wool drill head - take it easy and dont press hard - use only on flay surfaces - on edges and recesses, do by hand.

Ade

srs1
20-10-03, 11:48 PM
i use a compound called g3. i'd have to look at who makes it, but it does the same as t-cut but is not an abrasive.

ps. cant look as i've been the pub and am pi**ed up. lol

Dan_Dan_The_Nova_Man
21-10-03, 09:20 AM
I had a red Nova that was almost pink, it took me a whole weekend to do it but i just kept t cutting each panel until i got through to the good paint underneath n then waxed it straight away. Its a lot of effort but is worth it in the end.

Ste_Nova
21-10-03, 09:28 AM
i use a compound called g3. i'd have to look at who makes it, but it does the same as t-cut but is not an abrasive.

ps. cant look as i've been the pub and am pi**ed up. lol

lol g3 compound is tougher than t-cut.. it's what u use when buffing/mopping... best thing about compound is its wate based so will wash off unlike t-cut that is petrol based